🌼25🌼

25: the day she killed him

It was as if Lex pushed a dagger in Jayden's chest because he was frozen to the question. It took a few minutes until he got back his composure.

"n-no."  Jayden left to his cabin, Lex was confused.

there's definitely something.

When Jayden entered his cabin, Sarah was already waiting for him. "what do you want Sarah now. I'm sick and tired of everything" Jayden muttered the last part silently.

"do you want to help me or not" Sarah asked, her voice dangerous, just like her gaze.

"no. I won't let you find your brother. Just leave the past Sarah-" Sarah pointed a gun at him. "I have to get rid of you in that case" Sarah said, her face lacking emotion.

"so you'll put a bullet in my heart just like how you did to my father" And like that, Sarah's memories were triggered.

Jayden resembled Joseph Wither, his father a lot, more than Jake does.

________ some time ago______________

"Sarah..that's the truth. I was the one who set the fire..I sent your brother somewhere safe after he got discharged from the hospital. You can never see him again. He hates you, no- he can't remember you" Joseph Wither calmly said, breaking Sarah's heart.

"how could you?!" She cried, falling onto her knees. "Don't you know I have lived solely for him?! If you won't let me meet him I'll find him myself!!" She wiped her tears getting back up.

"You can't leave this place Sarah. I built this mafia not for it to fall apart, so much power, it can't be decreased" Joseph sounded like a mad man.

"I don't care about your stupid mafia. How the heck does meeting my brother destroy it" Sarah questioned, tears still flowing from her eyes like a river. "He might be your brother, but soon he'll be your enemy.. you'll know.. you will know hahahah" Joseph started laughing and  Sarah felt like she was stuck.

"Kill me." Joseph stopped laughing and handed her a gun. "Kill me and prove your worth. once you do, set out to find your brother. you'll lose many friends on your way.. you'll be betrayed many times..in the end..will there be an end" he placed the gun in her hand and made her hold it against his chest.

She tried to take her hand back but Joseph had pushed her finger on the trigger.

A loud gun shot sound filled the air, blood oozed out of Joseph's chest, the grip on the gun loosened.

Sarah cried out loud and not so long after, the door opened, Jayden and his younger brother Jake rushed inside. Jake went to his father, eyes widening at the sight, he looked at Sarah who had the gun in her hand. To him, it was obvious that Sarah killed his father.

Jake checked his father's pulse but there was no heartbeat, gasps escaped from their mouths.

Jake stared at Sarah, anger growing by second. Jake had never liked Sarah, he never accepted her like Jayden did.

Sarah was Jayden's first love and Jake knew this.

"S-Sarah..you didn't do it.. right?..tell me you didn't.." Jayden asked, holding her hand which was covered in his father's blood. Even though he was crying internally, he maintained his composure from the outside.

After all, the sons of Joseph Wither can't cry.

___________present__________________

He couldn't believe the fact that his first love had killed his father.

Sarah fell on her knees, clutching her aching head, tears rushing from her eyes. "you can find your brother. but once you find him, I promise you, you'll regret finding him" Jayden snatched the gun from her hand and crouched down at her level.

He traced his finger on her jawline and held her chin firmly, making them have eye contact. "you must not betray me, Sarah, you have to stay loyal till the end" he whispered.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

This is intense..hah