🌼24🌼

24: confession

24: confession.

"how..how could they do this to me..my own parents.." Jia couldn't believe it. Her own parents ended up betraying her, it just didn't make sense for her.

Lex and Jia were now standing behind the railing of a narrow bridge, sighting the waves. The sun was just about to set.

"what's happened has already happened..we can't change that..but Jia..don't try to hide your pain anymore..be that old Jia that I used to know.." Lex held her hand, giving her a soft smile.

"I know moving on is hard..I haven't been able to move on from the person I love either..I think Jia.. you can move on..he didn't deserve you..you don't need to stay connected to a love that's fake. It was all fake love" He said making her looked at him.

"you love someone? I know it's rude to ask but who-"

"it's you Jia..it's been six years..I fell for you the moment I saw you..Jia Owens.." Lex confessed, looking deeply into her eyes. "I know it's impossible for you to love me back but..I won't stop loving you.. as long as you're happy and safe..I'm fine even  supporting you from far" Jia retreated her hand from his.

"you know I can't love you back.. Eli..I'm so sorry.. you've been suffering a lot because of me" Jia apologized for being a burden in which to him, she really wasn't.

Shortly after, a gun was shot and the bullet could have almost hit Jia if Lex didn't move her towards him.

"Lex Miller, what a lucky day" the voice spoke, his face unknown from the mask he was wearing.

The man had silver hair which was dyed and he was quite tall, some tattoos flashing on his arm, he also had a lip piercing. "who are you" Lex took out his gun and pointed it at him, hiding Jia behind him.

"you know me. I'm Jake Wither.. Son of Joseph Wither " He took off his mask revealing his face. He looked fierce and ethereal just like his brother.  Considering the fact that he was in jail for a long time, he seemed decent and completely fine.

In a matter of fact, Lex had seen Jake in the meeting where everyone was present.

The twenty seven year old Jake smirked. "Jayden told me about you.. you are his younger brother?" Lex questioned. "yes."

"If you are an ally, why the heck did you shoot at her" He angrily questioned. "I was just testing your skills"

Lex sprinted to him and pushed him against the railing by the collar of his shirt. "don't underestimate me" Jake was so close to falling off from the bridge but he showed no signs of fear, he was fearless.

"It's almost war time, stop sleeping Eli Jones" Jake leaned in and whispered, pressing his gun on Lex's rib. "ELI!!" Jia screamed in terror, seeing the gun.
.
.
.
Lex, Kai, Vinnie, Luna and Mark were all sat against the table, Jayden was sitting at the front while others were sitting facing eachother.

"the police is on to us now." Mark, the in charge of hacking team announced. "but don't worry, they won't be able to track us down" he added on.

"Lex Miller. that's what Quinn jewels is after..Boss, how about we make them think that they have him. It's a perfect trap" Vinnie came up with a strategy. "yes but how are you planning to make the mice fall for the trap" Jayden inquired.

"we should attack the main house and fight with them. we will leave Lex behind in our fight and they will think that they have kidnapped..or have Lex as their hostage." Kai supported Vinnie's suggestion.

"why are they after me though?" Lex asked. "because they want power and there's also another reason which you'll find out when you meet their boss." Jayden explained.

"the medical team will be on stand too so that you guys don't get too injured, we will also help in combat..I guess" Luna assured as she drank her tea.

"Meeting is over. You guys are dismissed" Jayden got up from his chair and so did the others, except for Lex. "What is it that you're thinking about" Jayden sat back down as he watched the others leave.

"It's about your brother..did you ever notice something off about him?" Jayden froze.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️