🌼06🌼

06: All expectations were shattered

As he waited for her to wake up, he wondered where her husband is, whether she was happy or not with him. Well, if they were happy..he wouldn't ever want to come in between.

He wanted to be the one to hold her hand, he wanted to be the one to hug her when she was in pain..but he knew that there was already a person in her life to do all that.

He wiped his tear stained face and left the room to open the front door as the doorbell was ringing.

To his surprise it was his sister and her husband who came to visit them. Lisa quickly gave the tote bag she was carrying to Ace, her husband before crashing into Eli, hugging him.

Ace rolled his eyes, slightly jealous of her wife hugging someone else.

"How are you?" Lisa pulled away from the hug and smiled. "W-Why.." he couldn't avoid the tears that pricked his eyes. "you were hurting..how could I not come? I'm your sister after all" she softly told ruffling his hair.

"i know what can brighten the mood!! I brought food!!" She exclaimed giving the heavy tote bag to Eli.

Eli's room door opened revealing a disoriented Jia whose eyes were red and puffy and she had a wrist wrapped in bandage.

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows seeing her bestfriend coming out of her brother's room. But she made her bandaged wrist as the priority by bombering her with questions about it. She was her bestfriend, it was only normal for her to be so concerned about her.

"I-I'm fine..Lisa.. really..don't worry" Jia sent a weak smile before glancing at Eli who was obviously worried sick about her. "I heard about your miscarriage..Jia..you must've been so scared and depressed" Lisa hugged her and rubbed circles soothingly on her back as she quietly cried.

"Come on, let's have you eat something? We brought more than enough anyways" Ace said and pointed to the food that Eli finished in platering like a professional chef.

Lisa and Ace watched the two as they ate the home cooked meals they brought. Ace lazily tossed an arm around Lisa's shoulder while she was busy being a proud mum.

As they were talking about different things, they got to know that Dean, Jia's husband was on a business trip and wouldn't return home for awhile.

Eli insisted that Jia stays with him at his home because she would be too lonely and depressed in her own one. Jia hesitated about it but Eli managed to convince her to stay.

.
.
.

"are you sure you don't wanna come with us?" Lisa asked one last time to Jia who nodded. "Okay, Eli, don't bother her or else I'll dig a hole and throw you into it!!" Lisa growled and Eli was scared. "Of course I won't- my god!! What are you?!"

Eli placed a hand on his chest and told her teasingly causing Jia to laugh. He was happy and proud that he was the reason for that.

Lisa and Ace bid their goodbyes and left leaving Jia and Eli awkward in the silent atmosphere. They sat down on the couch, staring at the blank television screen thinking of how to start a conversation.

"don't do what you did earlier..just..talk to me and dump everything on me.."

His soft voice was so clear and peaceful, she almost fell asleep as it was like music to her ears. Biting her lips, she nodded.

"Eli?"

She called out. "Hmm? What is it precious?" She blinked several times to make sure he was actually calling her that. "Eww that's cringey" she scrunched her nose while saying.

"B-But..can I..hug you? A friendly hug of course" she reluctantly asked earning a chuckle from Eli.

Eli scooted over to her pulling her to his embrace. He placed his hands on around her nape and she wrapped her arms around his waist.

His fingers ruffled through her hair, stroking it softly making her drowsy. "I might..fall asleep if you keep doing that" she whispered. "Don't expect me to stop, your hair is too soft..not my problem"

The moment seemed like a dream for him, a dream he didn't want to wake up from. That one moment which he will always remember.

Do friends do what we're doing right now?

He questioned in his mind.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

;)