🌼48🌼

48: Sympathy

48: Sympathy.

"It's me, Jia! I'm okay..please tell Lisa for me" Jia said and Eli furrowed his eyebrows.

Is she talking about my sister?

He then felt a sharp ache in his head and he clutched it.

____ "hi! I'm ___!! your sister's best friend? dude you look nothing like her hahah" ____

Eli couldn't make out who he saw or heard because it was all a blur. Maya handed a glass of water to Eli. He felt like he knew Jia. "I'm sorry.." Jia sympathized and handed his phone back.

"y-you know my sister?" Eli asked and Jia hesitated to answer. "yes.." she bit her lip. "oh, how so?" He placed the glass of water on the table, Maya watching what was happening.

what's the use in lying now? nothing I say will ease the pain ..

"she's my best friend" A gasp left his mouth and he smiled. "OH I remember!"

"you remember everything?" Jia was joyed.

But it only broke her more when she heard his next words.

"It's a blur but I remember? you introducing yourself to me as Lisa's best friend, didn't you?"

What was she expecting.. for him to remember everything all so easily? she thought of herself as very foolish. "yes.." Eli could take hint of the sadness drooping from her response.

Eli extended his fingers to gently trail it down it along her cheek. Visions coming in and out.

______________________________________

As soon as he shot the bullet, he himself fell and the crying woman placed his head on her lap, droplets of tears falling onto his face. A sad smile was plastered."idiot!! why do you have to save me all the time!!look at how hurt you get everytime.."

He reached out to tuck in the stray strand of hair before her ear, his bloodied hand staining her cheek in the process of retreating it.
______________________________________

Her bloodied cheek..

why isn't her face clear to me..

Eli continued tracing his fingers on her tear stained cheek, her eyes closed, melting to his touch.

"oii you guys should leave soon, I'm going to attend to my patients in the ER, catch ya guys later"

Maya awkwardly said taking her notepad with her as she left the room, closing the door behind her. Bright red spread on Jia's cheeks.

"what's wrong..?" Jia placed her own hand on his hand which was on her cheek. "oh- sorry..I shouldn't have- i-" Eli retreated his hand and blushed.

"it's okay.." Jia flashed a small smile. "could you please drop me home?" Jia asked and he nodded, standing up. He lent her a hand and she gladly accepted it, standing up as well.

.
.
.

"Inmate no. 67, someone has asked to visit you" the policeman announced. "go away!!!

Sarah shouted, annoyed.

"the person claims to be Eli Jones, your previous gang mate"  He said and Sarah's eyes lit up. She immediately stood up, getting ready to see him as the policeman was unlocking the gate of the prison bars.

Sarah extended her hands to be handcuffed as the policeman showed her the handcuffs.

He lead her towards the room where Eli was sitting in. As the door opened, Sarah saw him. His silky black hair was shorter, the same length it was when she first saw him.

He looked like he was eating well, he looked fine. The child-like innocence appearing on his face, the long lost glimmer of his eyes returned to it's belonging place.

He curiously peered at her. Unlike him, she looked and felt like trash. But that was what didn't matter.

Sarah took a seat on the chair against the table, right in front of him. Sarah noticed Eli gazing at her handcuffs, she placed her hands on her lap, feeling conscious.

"Lex...how are you?" Sarah asked, getting the flashbacks of that day in her mind. brother.. her brother who she dearly missed, never faded from her memories.

"I don't..I don't think I go by that name anymore.." Eli quietly said. "I don't remember-...I don't remember anything at all.." Sarah's eyes widened.

"you don't remember?" She asked. "I lost my memories..but can you please help me...please tell me what happened that day? I was in a gang? you were my gang mate? what happened??"

Eli suddenly bombered her with questions, but he was genuinely curious and wanted to know.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️