🌼61🌼

61: Double date

61: Double date.

"I..I am so sorry for not being good enough for your daughter..I know I am incompetent and that I don't have a stable job or anything, but I love your daughter..I love her so much that I'd rather die than let anything happen to her..just to see that beautiful smile on her face.. I'd go to lengths..and it's alright if you both don't accept me..but sir, ma'am, I just want her to be happy, that's all.." By the time Eli had finished, Jia was standing by the wall, with happy tears in her eyes.

Jasper shared a look with his wife Mia before nodding. "I think my daughter's happiness lies with you, take care of her for us please..we haven't been the best of parents for her, we can't afford to lose the shimmer in her eyes." Jasper smiled at his daughter who walked to him to hug him.

"thank you so-so much dad" Jia sincerely said and her mother patted her hair whilst smiling at her brightly. "thank you sir-"

"uh-uh if you're gonna be like this then I'll take back what I said" He said and Eli frowned. "just kidding! call me father, and call her mother" Jasper laughed and Mia smacked his arm lightly. "don't joke around like that, the poor boy was scared" Eli awkwardly brushed the skin of the back of his neck with his long slender fingers and Jia simply rolled her eyes at her parents.

~~

It was two days since that day.

"I am soo happy your parents approved of us" Eli said drinking his iced Americano he bought in a café along with an iced caramel latte Jia was holding. "mhmm" Jia's face was made into a duck face as she was slurping the drink and Eli chuckled. "you're such a cutie" He tapped on her nose.

"Oiiii" Eli scoffed as he realized the recognizable annoying voice. "I'm so glad y'all were down for a double date with us" Jia beamed, her arm laced around her bored, tired, husband.

"could have been the two of us only, not gonna lie"  Lisa winked at Jia and she giggled. Ace pulled his arm and placed it over Lisa's shoulder earning a gasp from her. "let's go already!!!!" Eli whined.

-

"BICYCLE RIDING?! SERIOUSLY???" Jia said in disbelief and Lisa smirked. They were in an arena that was for bicycle riding.

"so here's the game, there are two bicycles and we'll have three rounds. Jia and I go first and the winner gets to play in the third round. Eli and Ace will go in the second round and winner gets to play the third round blah. now are we clear with the rules?"

Lisa rambled and they all nodded, wearing the helmet. "first one to finish the lap back here wins, let's race!"

.

Jia and Lisa got on their bikes and spared glances at each other. "looking pretty hot today Lisa" Jia commented and Lisa grinned. "oh you're so going down"

"racers! on your marks, get set, and go!" Ace announced and started spectating from the tv screen with Eli as their girls started.

Jia paddled hard, she was never good with bicycles. So she was a little nervous with it, however, she wasn't distraught about it because she was way ahead of Lisa who seemed to be tired as she paddled. She wondered what the reason was and then remembered Ace, she giggled mischievously.

As expected but unexpected, Jia finished as first place for the race between the two best friends. "that's my girl" Eli smirked as he eyed his girl who won first. "I just went easy on ya girlie" Lisa said. "surely" Jia gave her a mischievous look as Ace pulled Lisa's hair back into a ponytail, wiping off her sweat.

"are you very tired princess?" She heard Ace ask in a hushed voice. "nah I got stamina" Lisa whispered. "not too sure about that" Ace smiled at her.

"Okay okay so the boys round! Get ready you two" Lisa nervously called out and the boys got on the bicycles within a minute's time.

"on your marks, get set, GO!!" this time Lisa yelled and they suddenly started paddling.

"listen, I'm sorry for being a bad guy" Eli yelled at Ace who was paddling side by side with him.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️