🌼20🌼

20: Comforting hugs

20: Comforting hugs.

With that, Lex slammed Jia gently against the wall, trapping her between his arms, he leaned.

"tell me when they are not looking" Lex whispered and Jia nodded, gulping uncontrollably. Some people were suspicious of the two and so they did this to not be different from the crowd as there were people kissing and all that.

Jia had stopped crying but her heart ached thinking about it. She tried her best but for him..it wasn't it..

"w-we should get out of here.." Jia said as some men walked to them. A man held Lex's shoulder firmly and turned him around.

Lex bit his cherry lip and flashed a smug smirk to the man who had recognised him. Lex was quite famous among the mafias because he displayed his skills and excellence over the year.

Lex held Jia's warm hand secretly, sending her a wink before punching the man with his other hand balling it into a fist.

He ran fast, making her run with him, the place was crowded and so it would be hard for the men to catch the two.

They exited the place and Jia held her knees to catch her breath. "damnit where the heck is Sarah" Lex scanned the whole area.

A black BMW car came to view. "get on quickly Jia" Sarah said and Jia got in.

"god!! where is my pen!!" Lex furiously growled as he searched the ground for it. "Lex get on! stop caring about a stupid pen, we don't have time!" Sarah yelled at him.

"it's not a stupid pen!!" He continued searching for it and Sarah saw the men who were chasing them, coming closer. "Screw you" she shouted before storming off without Lex.

Fortunately Lex found the pen so he put it back in his jeans pocket. He made eye contact with a buff man. "heh..they left without me..listen buddy ...I'm innocent..they added me into this" Lex pretended and made a puppy face, pouting. This somehow slightly convinced the buff man before his friends tagged along.

"Lex, pleasure to be fighting you" the man said before attempting to land a punch on his face which he miserably failed in doing. Lex punched him back and started fighting with the men.

"we left him there!! aren't you going to turn the car around??" Jia asked Sarah who was driving while playing a rock song on the car's radio. "nah.. forget about him. you said you had to go to s dinner? I'll drop you"

Sarah offered and Jia hesitantly said yes, giving her the address. Sarah drive her to the place and they both got out of the car. "Alright, I'll pick you up in an hour? or two? you know what? just give me a ring"

Sarah snatched her phone and saved her own number in it, giving it back. She was about to get back into the car until someone stopped her. "Jia!!!" The woman, known to be Becca, Eli's mother called out as she came to them.

"I'm so glad you made it, who's this young lady?" Becca took in view of the new face. "Hi aunty, I am Sarah, Jia's close friend" Sarah smiled. "Hello Sarah. Dean couldn't make it tonight? Sarah, why don't you join us for dinner tonight?"

"um..if it is okay with Jia..sure, I'd love to join you guys for dinner, I'm hungry ..." Sarah scratched the back of her neck, awkwardly.

They entered the house, the nice aroma of freshly cooked food spreading everywhere. "Lis, come over here" Becca called her daughter.

"you're back, oh and Jia!! I missed you" Lisa embraced her best friend. "o-oh.. aren't you the wife of the king..oh my gosh.., it's an honour to meet you" Sarah bowed quickly and Lisa chuckled.

"that's not how I greet people, I do it like this" Lisa hugged Sarah as well while giggling. "alright alright! let's start eating shall we?" They all say down to eat, Becca, Eli's mother waited for the guest to eat first.

Sarah ate a little and then a smile carved itself on herself, content and ecstatic about the delicious food. "how is it?" Becca asked, handing her a glass of juice. "It's really good" Sarah exclaimed joyfully.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

Oo well hello there *sips tea aggressively* 👋