🌼49🌼

49: Tampered memories

Sarah nervously cleared her throat. "all this happened because of Jia. you lost yourself, I lost my brother..all because of Jia."

She lied.

"what.." Eli breathed out.

______________________________________

Tears flowed down their faces and Lex back kicked one of the men, escaping from his grip.

He punched the other man , snatching the gun in his pocket. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Dean pointing his gun at Jia, pressing the trigger.

Lex quickly ran towards her and stood in front of her, taking the bullet. The bullet pierced through his chest, a scream escaped from Jia's mouth as she tried to get out of the men's grip.

"drop the gun, Dean." Lex warned with a deadly voice, hands tightening on the gun he himself was holding, aiming it at Dean.

He was struggling to keep his balance, he shot the two men who were holding Jia. Jia dashed to him, laughs leaving her mouth. Sarah watched the scene unfold right in front of her eyes, internally dying.

Her brother and lover had their guns aimed at each other. "S-Sunny..please don't kill him.." Sarah whispered. "Let's end this Eli. Your grudge against me and my enmity against you. we'll see who wins" Dean spat.

"Eli..why won't you lose" Jia breathed out.

Biting his lip, he scanned the whole place. Vinnie, Kai and Jessi were handling the men. Jayden and Jake were fighting.

He couldn't hold it any longer so he pressed the trigger of the gun, the bullet going towards Dean. Sarah was about to push Dean away but she was too late.. The bullet pierced through Dean.

Sarah watched her brother fall back, she fell on her knees, cries coming out of her mouth. "d-don't cry..sorry we couldn't meet before" Dean held his sister's hand, smiling before he closed his eyes. "i-it's okay..y-you need a rest.." Sarah cried loudly.

As soon as Lex shot the bullet, he himself fell and Jia placed his head on her lap, a smile grazed on her lips "finally..you have no idea how much I have waited for this day."

Lex reached out to tuck in the stray strand of hair before her ear, his bloodied hand staining her cheek in the process of retreating it.
______________________________________

she was smiling? she was laughing at me?

Eli's breathing got heavy and it all seemed clear for him. He got angry. How could she pretend like she never betrayed his feelings. How could she pretend like she didn't laugh at his tragedy..

But he wasn't aware of the fact that his memories weren't true. She really wasn't the bad reason for everything. He willingly saved her many times and she was very grateful.

"inmate 67! visiting time is over, time to go back" the policeman said, opening the door.

Sarah looked back and nodded before smiling at Eli. "well, later Lex- no..Eli .." Sarah took a good look at him, a tear escaped her eye.

.
.
.

Eli had gotten Jia's number from Lisa and he was currently waiting in a café to talk to her.

The light of the sun was the only source of light peeking through the bars of the window. The warm coffee kept on the table, ordered by him, had steam rising up from it.

He couldn't help but look at all the couples sitting around his table. He placed his hand on the hot mug of coffee, not caring about his hurting hand because of it's hotness.

As if on cue, the door opened revealing Jia who had a band-aid on her forehead. A small pretty smile grazed on her lips, he couldn't help the frown coming to his face.

"h-hi...did you wait long? sorry the traffic was bad haha-" Jia awkwardly laughed, before taking a seat in front of him.

"what did you want to talk about?" Jia got to the point, eyes suddenly locking on his hand that was kept around the mug. "you're hurting!!" Jia quickly pulled his wrist, his hand away from the mug.

"that's funny" he sounded miserable, almost broken but he already was broken. "what is? you hurting isn't funny!!" Jia scolded.

"why are you doing this?" He asked in a low audio but she had already heard the words. "because you're my best friend's brother!"

because I love you..

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️