🌼30🌼

30(special): Frozen love

"I'll take this" Eli beamed and the florist nodded, taking a bouquet of daisies. "daisies symbolize purity and innocence, I hope whoever you're giving this to, feels joyed, thank you for shopping here!!" The florist smiled and so did Eli.

Daisies reminded him so much of Jia, cute and innocent..well not too innocent but she was delicate. He liked her a lot and he wanted her to be his.

He was dressed in a normal white T-shirt paired with blue denim jeans. Holding the bouquet of flowers, he started pacing to the café he asked Jia to meet him at.

'Jia..I like you ..do you like me ?- no this doesn't sound right'

'Will you go out with me, Jia?'

Eli mentally face palmed himself because he didn't know how to say it. How to confess.

It was a cold day, almost starting to rain. Eli frowned upon thinking about what would happen if it rained. Sure it set the aesthetic romantic vibes but he didn't have an umbrella and he'd get soaked.

"J-Jia..I really like you, will you go out with me, please?" Eli froze on his tracks upon hearing someone confess to someone named Jia.

'It..it can't be the Jia I know..right? Yeah it might be someone else-' he turned around to where the voice was coming from, a very narrow road. Rain starting to pour heavily, leaving him drenched in it.

He could've sworn that his heart had broke when he saw some other boy confessing to Jia, sharing an umbrella with her. She was smiling..she.. was smiling... The bouquet of daisies he had specially bought for her falling out of his grasp on to the puddled ground, instantly getting ruined.

He turned around and hid behind the wall when the bouquet dropped because Jia would've seen him if he didn't do otherwise.

Tears sparkled his eyes and escaped but the rain hid it perfectly. Biting his lips, he tried to calm down.

He walked to a shed and pulled out his phone, texting Jia saying that he can't make it there to see her today.
______________________________________

"what's wrong son? you haven't been eating well these days" Eli's father asked. "nothing is wrong, sorry. I'll be going to my room now" Eli stood up from the dinner table. Before he went, he peeked at Jia, who was invited for dinner by Lisa.

She seemed happy. Maybe he wasn't the one for her. Lisa who kept glancing at them both, noticed Eli's facial expressions at the dinner table.

Of course she was worried for her brother but if she didn't like him back, he should move on as soon as possible. She didn't like seeing him hurt like that.
______________________________________

"Shut up!!!" Jia yelled at Eli who was crying. Lisa..she wasn't there with them anymore. "she's not dead...she will wake up and say it's all a prank" Jia started crying when she knew dang well that she was only trying to believe lies.

Eli uncontrollably wrapped his arms around her tiny waist, hoisting her closer, crying on her shoulder while she did the same.
______________________________________

"so you're leaving huh.." Eli pouted. "yeah. but hey, we can keep in touch every now and then. you're a very valuable person to me, Eli. I wouldn't want to lose you too"

Jia sent him her signature cheeky smile, making him blush, falling for her all over again.

'maybe she likes me too' Eli suddenly had the thought as he walked to his house. 'I should tell her before it's too late!!' Eli's breath hitched and h suddenly started sprinting towards the black car that had already set out to leave to the airport.

He called her name a couple of times but she couldn't hear it because she was wearing a headset.

Tripping on a rock, he almost stumbled and fell. He stopped running as soon as he saw the car disappear out of his sight.

He saw his dad getting out of his car and he immediately snatched the car keys, getting into the car. "Eli-" "sorry will talk later!" He drove off to the airport, hoping it won't be too late.

His eyes watered and tears threatened to fall as he couldn't find her anywhere in the airport. It was soon announced that the flight had already left. 'nevermind..it's already too late now'
______________________________________

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

Jili forever, must protect at all costs 🥺