🌼51🌼

51: we'll be alright

Eli tried reaching for it but in the process, Jia backed away to a secluded place causing her ankle to hit the sofa's leg. She fell onto the sofa with Eli falling on top of her.

Their hearts were beating like crazy and butterflies swam in their stomachs, minds going hectic. "I love you Eli, I really do" Jia sincerely whispered, her warm breath fanning his face. Faces close, his nose touching her's.

"you intoxicate me" his tears trickled one by one and he got up quickly, snatching the bottle from her hand. He started consuming the content of it but Jia had once again snatched it away, this time she drank it all in one shot.

Eli's mouth slightly opened in shock at her sudden behavior. "I told you to stop drinking" she placed the empty bottle on the coffee table, and said.

Eli suddenly lost his balance and his body weight dropped on her. She held him in place even though he was heavy. "let's take you to sleep hm" she said and they started walking slowly towards his room, his arm draped over her shoulder for support.

She gently placed him on the bed, pulled the blankets over him but he suddenly gripped her wrist stopping her from leaving the room. "stay please...don't leave me all alone.."

This statement had alone shattered her but she had to face him crying. "Jayden's going to kill me..he's going to hurt me.. please save me from this hell..I don't want to..I don't want to kill anybody.." he broke into sobs and Jia knew that he wouldn't ever cry like this if he was sober.

She was at least relieved that he was letting his bottled up feelings out this way even. Biting her lip, she let him hug her, his head buried on her stomach, her hand stroking his hair. His arms wrapped tight around her waist.

"It's okay Eli, Jayden.. no-one is going to hurt you.. you're safe now.. you're no longer that Lex you were before .. you're home now.. we'll be alright" Jia soothingly said.

"he'll find me..he will kill me Jia..I don't want to do this.."

"he won't find you, and even if he does, I'll protect you, god you've gone through so much..we're all with you Eli..."

"p-promise you'll be by my side forever?" Eli asked while sniffling. "promise, I'll never leave you even if you tell me to"

.
.
.

The sound of the birds chirping and the somewhat heavy weight on his body had woke him up, he tried taking his arm but it was only then he realized that he wasn't alone in the room.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw the peacefully sleeping woman on top of him, her soft breathing hitting his neck as she was nuzzling. She was practically clinging to him from on top of him.

Prominent red spread to his cheeks and ears. He cleared his throat a few times but she wasn't waking up. God, the situation was too awkward for him to call her.

Jia began shuffling in her sleep and Eli quickly closed his eyes for no apparent reason.

Jia had woken up and she was in the same state as him, blushing like crazy. She stood up a little and took some of her bodyweight from on top of him, basically hovering over him.

She trailed her eyes over the features of his face. There were flaws like a small scar but that was what made him even more handsome. It proved to her that he was being strong the whole time while inside he was only suffering.

His cheeks that were pink in colour and his soft eyes that were closed. She leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on the tip of his nose. She realized that his cheeks reddened more.

She quickly started getting up and accidentally elbowed his lower abdomen causing him to groan and open his eyes. "shit I'm sorry!" She was going to pat the pain she caused but Eli grabbed her wrist before she could so.

"get out of my room" he demanded, turning cold again. "I'm sorry.." she apologized once again before fully getting up and walking out of the room.

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

Dude 😬 what are your thoughts on this chapter-