🌼36🌼

36: Final act

36: Final act.

"it's all my fault..I shouldn't have left you alone" Jayden looked down on his feet, panting from all the fighting. "it's a bit too late for that Jay" Jake pulled out the knife he had been hiding in his shoe, running towards Jayden to kill him.

And somehow, more men appeared to the large room. Of course, Quinn Jewels was a big mafia, it had many men. Vinnie and Kai started to fight some of them and so did Jessi.

Lex was taken back when some men had pulled him away from Jia. "let go!" Jia begged as she was separated from him, two men gripping her arm tightly.

Tears flowed down their faces and Lex back kicked one of the men, escaping from his grip.

He punched the other man , snatching the gun in his pocket. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Dean pointing his gun at Jia, pressing the trigger.

Lex quickly ran towards her and stood in front of her, taking the bullet. The bullet pierced through his chest, a scream escaped from Jia's mouth as she tried to get out of the men's grip.

"drop the gun, Dean." Lex warned with a deadly voice, hands tightening on the gun he himself was holding, aiming it at Dean.

He was struggling to keep his balance, he shot the two men who were holding Jia. Jia dashed to him, sobs leaving her mouth. Sarah watched the scene unfold right in front of her eyes, internally dying.

Her brother and lover had their guns aimed at each other. "S-Sunny..please don't kill him.." Sarah whispered. "Let's end this Eli. Your grudge against me and my enmity against you. we'll see who wins" Dean spat.

"E-Eli.." Jia breathed out.

Biting his lip, he scanned the whole place. Vinnie, Kai and Jessi were handling the men. Jayden and Jake were fighting. If Lex killed Dean, he could protect Jia.. but if he died..who would protect her..

He couldn't hold it any longer so he pressed the trigger of the gun, the bullet going towards Dean. Sarah was about to push Dean away but she was too late.. The bullet pierced through Dean.

Sarah watched her brother fall back, she fell on her knees, cries coming out of her mouth. "d-don't cry..sorry we couldn't meet before" Dean held his sister's hand, smiling before he closed his eyes. "i-it's okay..y-you need a rest.." Sarah cried loudly.

As soon as Lex shot the bullet, he himself fell and Jia placed his head on her lap, droplets of tears falling onto his face. "idiot!! why do you have to save me all the time!!look at how hurt you get everytime.."

Lex reached out to tuck in the stray strand of hair before her ear, his bloodied hand staining her cheek in the process of retreating it.

"ELI!!" A familiar voice screamed, Lex had dearly missed this voice.

There stood Lisa, King Ace and the police. Doctors who came along in an ambulance had took the wounded and the dead. They took Lex away, Jia and Lisa following.

"Arrest them!" Ace instructed the police to arrest everyone else. "your highness!!" Jessi squealed. "you don't look too exhausted, will you be able to lead the police?" Inquired Ace and Jessi nodded.

Officer Kyle handcuffed Jayden who was eyeing the lifeless body of his own brother Jake. The blood stained on his hands as an evidence of the fact that he took his own brother's life.

Officer Kyle sighed as he dragged Jayden away with him. Sarah was also handcuffed and taken away.

On the other hand, Jia's hand was holding Lex's cold one. An oxygen mask was put on his nose but he was struggling to breathe. His blood pressure was going high and his consciousness was drifting further and further away from him.

He wanted to live. He wanted to hear what she wanted to tell him. He wanted to grow old and die naturally.  He wanted to meet his parents who were waiting for him to come home.

A tear glided down his eyes as he saw his sister crying while repeatedly calling his name. He could feel all the sounds dying, the only thing heard was the sound of his rigid breathing.

He could see the doctor trying his best to save him. But just maybe, he wouldn't regret leaving the world.

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

😶