🌼16🌼

16: A glimpse of her tragedy

"It's really not like that Sam, we're just friends and it'll remain that way" Lex glanced at Sarah and told Sam.

"surely" Sam chuckled with an irony comment. At the sound of a car, to be specific, at the sound of several cars stopping, Lex stood up and made his way towards the front door of their house.

There was a mansion for the whole gang consisting of more than 14 rooms for the mafia members. The mafia being divided into smaller subunits (5 subunits) each unit being specified missions at the moment. Each subunit had a name and the subunit Lex was leading was called "BDA".

B = Bulletproof

D = Deviant (the whole mafia name)

A = Assassins

The other units were barely seen because of the busy work load pushed onto their shoulders.

Lex opened the door and surprise, there stood a handsome man with slightly long brown hair and sunglasses hiding his eyes. He wore a black suit, the sleeves rolled up and a few buttons left unbuttoned and some black jeans.

"well hello there El- Lex, aren't you going to show way for me to come in?" He said, a voice deep as the ocean, resulted from genetics and cigarettes he had been consuming.

Lex showed way for their boss to come in. Jayden abruptly stopped after seeing Sarah stare at him with an unexplainable expression.

Jayden raised an eyebrow, trying to read her. Sarah couldn't help but agree and relate to Lex's words.

he never came to me, I went to him..it was always like that..

_______flashback ; 13 years ago____

The thirteen year old girl, Sarah jolted up suddenly as smoke filled her nostrils. She realised that she was surrounded by fire.. the house was on fire.

She began coughing as she got up from her bed and started searching for her younger brother.

Tears streamed down her now warm face as she couldn't find him. She desperately called out to him in mid coughs. "Sunny!!..S-sunny!! p-please.." she shouted frantically but no-one seemed to answer.

"Sunny..please come out..D-Daisy will save you.." Daisy was what her brother called her because she was as pretty as a daisy flower.

Her head hurt but her heart ached more because she couldn't find him..

Her vision blurred and she lost her balance, falling onto the hot ground surrounded by the piping hot fire.

A figure of a person was the last thing she saw, she slipped into the darkness hoping someone would help her.

_________back to present____________

Sarah left to her room with Sam following her. Jayden let out a scoff. "Lex, come with me to my cabin, i have to talk to you about something"

Lex nodded as he followed Jayden to his cabin. Jayden sat down on his chair and checked for some files in his table drawer.

He took them out and placed them on his table. "So Eli, you know how I always check up on you, how are you ...how are things going these days?" Jayden sincerely asked.

"I'm fine and you know everything is good because you trained me to make me the person I am, today.." Lex smiled.

"that's great! tomorrow will be a very big day for you..for every member of Deviant.." he trailed off before continuing. "It'll be the last few big missions..but let's not get to that today.. Dean Cooper.."

Jayden opened a file and showed Lex a profile of the said person Dean Cooper. He was indeed, the husband of Jia.

"What about him?"

"now..he may be an artist in an art company or just a simple photographer but..he is your target."

Jayden said and the last four words had made Lex bamboozled. "he is Jia's husband right?" Lex asked and Jayden nodded.

"all the other details are in this file." Jayden gave him another file and he decided to examine it later.

The closed door of Jayden's cabin was opened and came inside Sarah. "I'm sorry I didn't knock but..I have something to tell you.." Sarah told Jayden and it seemed very important.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow, I need to rest, both of you should leave"

Lex patted Sarah's shoulder. "let's go Sarah" he said clutching on to the files in his hand. "Lex..you go, I really need to talk to him"

"But-" Lex was interrupted by Jayden. "fine, E- Lex..you should leave, Sarah can stay"

To be continued..

✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️

how you doin ?

you're so cool yk? 🥶