Chapter 31 - Kick to the Gut

Maddox's increasing interest in my, to put it plainly, kink was becoming more embarrassing to try and deal with to be honest. I can't really tell you why. I can only assume my growing comfort around him had something to do with it. I was really starting to feel like friends with him, so discussing something like that, well, I guess it felt a bit inappropriate.

During PE that day, Maddox and I fell back on our default game; Basketball. As usual, we really just talked with one another while we challenged each other to see who could get the ball into the hoop the easiest. Obviously, that was me.

     Behind us, the group of guys that Marcus had been hanging out with were acting as if nothing had happened, I mean, somewhat. Occasionally you could hear them say something about it, but aside from that there wasn't much of a change.

     Overall, I'd say nothing was all that eventful.

     Maddox, as usual, would, every now and then, tease me in one way or another, but really, not that much happened the rest of the day. Well, that is, until eighth period Study Hall.

During our eighth period Study Hall together, Maddox had moved over next to me. Since we were finished with his speech, we could spend the period just talking about whatever since, let's be honest, nobody really worked on homework or studied during Study Hall, right? I mean, I did sometimes but, now wasn't one of those times.

     We talked about whatever we felt like at the moment, just all sorts of things. At one point, Maddox actually brought up wanting to hang out again after school, which reminded me of something I actually planned on telling him earlier, but didn't because I felt a little too awkward to say anything.

     "Ah, by the way..." I said, "so, this weekend, we're heading up to my grandparents' place."

     "Aah? Really? That sucks, I won't be able to completely humiliate you then." he said with a pout. I couldn't help but softly chuckle at this.

     "Actually..." I looked down at my hands as I spoke, "I was... thinking, maybe, you could come along, if you wanted I mean." His eyes widened as I said this, arms crossed over his chest and head slightly tilting off to the side.

     "Really? I-I mean, are you sure 'bout that?" I nodded, completely serious. I had thought of that as soon as my parents said about it.

     My grandparents live in a very wooded area with a lake, and my grandpa is a big hunter who cures his own meats. I figured Maddox might be interested in that, even though the speech would be over by then, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

     Maddox put a chubby finger to his chin, his eyes sparkled with intrigue, but he acted as if he couldn't decide.

     "So, my grandpa, he's a hunter and he makes his own meats from the deer he kills. He actually makes a lot of stuff, not just food. He uses the furs and the antlers, he's very handy."

     I could see Maddox's smile growing from behind his hand, and some kind of whining sound rising from his throat. He really wanted to go.

     "Oooh, fine! Sure, why not?!" he giggled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I flinched, becoming very uncomfortable as I folded in on myself.

     "S-ssso..." I started, waiting for him to release me, which he eventually did, "Um, we're heading out Saturday so..."

     "Saturday? Got it! I'm sure my parents won't mind~" he said in an almost song-like voice, leaning back into his seat. At all of this I really couldn't hide my joy.