Chapter 18 - Sweet Tooth

Well, our Christmas break was over and it was back to school for us.  I wasn't all that pleased at the thought of going back in, especially after having become accustomed to sleeping until ten in the morning and staying up every other hour of the night to look things up. Things I grew curious of in my sleep.  The only thing I could say to myself that might make this a bit less painful was that Maddox and I would have each other for company.

------

      As it was at the start of the year, everything was back to normal. It was like nothing had ever happened.  Occasionally you would hear others asking what they had gotten for Christmas or complaining about what they had not gotten, but that was really the only sign it was a new year. Keep in mind though, we were all seventeen, eighteen year olds. Was that really necessary?

     I sat at my spot in the cafeteria before homeroom had started, doing my usual thing of watching others; being an observer. As I watched and watched, losing sight of what was going on around me specifically, I was pulled out of my trance at the sound of a word; "Feeder?"

     I felt my body shoot up painfully when the word hit my ears. Some laughing followed along with a girl's voice saying,

     "'Feeder'? What the heck is that?"

     "Oh lord, I thought that's what you said! What did you actually say?"

     I felt my body slowly relax, but my face was far too gone to just easily return to its natural color.

     I sat for a moment, trying to regain my bearings and get that word out of my head before it forced itself into my thoughts with Maddox.....

     I physically felt the need to slam my head off of the lunch table at this point. I've been so disgusting lately...

------

     When the bell rang alerting us that homeroom was starting I picked up my things and got up, Maddox , who had arrived just before the bell rang, followed. In actuality, we should ride the same bus to school but he's often dropped off so waiting for him to make it to school is basically like hoping for the little squishy bear toy in one of those capsule machines but there's about 10 other toys you could get instead.

     It's always a surprise.

     Since Maddox had found out about my weird attraction to his fluffier body he'd been teasing me almost indefinitely. Even as we were walking to homeroom, he had this mischievous grin on his face the whole time. Somehow even more mischievous than usual. 

     When we got to homeroom he flashed me a charming smirk before letting out this low chuckle and walking over to his seat, right smack in the middle of his old group. 

     My heart sank a little as I watched him. In some classes during a new marking period we would be assigned new seats, sadly homeroom wasn't one of them.

     I felt my face form into a pout as I took my seat. I couldn't help but watch him. And then my eyes started sliding downward. I could feel my face and body becoming warm. I mean, it had been Christmas, people eating a lot and all. To me, it looked like he may have put on a few.

     I mean, I thought to myself anxiously, it's not uncommon, right? People eat a lot, have parties...

     I wasn't sure why, but I knew I was starting to freak out. Maddox? Gained MORE weight? I wanted to let out a yell, I felt so embarrassed that I felt.... good thinking about that.