Chapter 20 - Sudden Escalation

The day started like every other. The biggest difference was Maddox, who seemed oddly excited. This would be our first time having PE together, well kind of. We had it together in the past but this time was different. He was... plump now. And I, I was into that and he knew it. I couldn't stress how anxious this whole concoction made me.

     PE was fourth period. We had to get through the first three before we got there, and our most important class, second period, was English.

     Now that the new marking period had started we were getting ready to work on our speeches. The subject of the speeches was our dream job. With the graduation paper we had to write about three, this time we only had to write about one.

     My paper was focused on video game design which I was into but I heard it was difficult, I figured more on writing about indie game development this time since we had to go into more detail about the jobs with this one. That and I don't think I could work for a big company or anything.

     After Mrs. Ritchey went into detail about the subject she handed out a handful of note cards to us. After we finished the overall draft of our speech we would write them down on the cards and read them to the whole class. This was going to be for practice though. After that we would read them off to the teachers.

     It was a nerve wracking idea.

     The whole period was focused on research, jotting down our ideas and laying out what we were going to do. I was nervous, having to read something like this to a group of people that hate my guts made me feel nauseous.

     I glanced over to Maddox. He looked bored. Granted he was writing something down from the looks of it, but he looked bored nonetheless. I giggled a bit as I put my pencil to my lips, letting out a soft sigh as I wondered what his dream job really was. As I thought of this I began digging a little deeper; what does he really want to do with his life?

     It's something I didn't really think of that much but, what all do I really know about him? I know what kind of woman he likes now, but I don't really know what he wants out of life, what he wants to do.

     I sighed a bit more sharply as I thought over this. I want to know it all. His hobbies, his dreams, his desires.

     If only I wasn't so nervous about asking him stuff...

------

     After English had ended we headed down to the library for Study Hall. I was growing a bit nervous as Maddox continued teasing me, not nearly as much as he had been but still poking me around here and there.

     "Ahh it's a bit disappointing, y'know?"

     "Hmm?" I looked over at him, confused. "What do you mean?" He scoffed a bit before grinning, slowly beginning to suck on his cheek.

     "You know we aren't changing for PE today, right?"

     I let out a little squeak, confused at first but quickly coming to the realization that this was our first gym class, they don't expect us to have our uniforms yet so we won't have to change until next week.

     I instinctively put my hand to my face, a bit embarrassed that I had even forgotten that. He really got to me...

     I could hear a chuckle coming from Maddox as he watched me squirm in humiliation. "You really wanted to see me shirtless, didn't ya?"

     "I-I didn't--" I slapped my hands over my mouth to try and halt my outburst. My whole body felt like it was burning and I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I only hoped he assumed this was solely based on me being a chubby chaser and nothing more.