26. Pill

When you opened your eyes, the hospital lights forced you to close them again. It took you some time to manage to control your body and get in touch with your environment. A hand was touching yours, and you turned your head to see who it was.

It wasn't Jungkook, it wasn't Taehyung, it wasn't any of your friends.

It was your mother's hand. Your parents were sitting at the chairs next to your bed. They looked at you and you looked at them.

Their eyes were nothing like Jungkook's.

You could see their love for you. They knew everything now but it was obvious their love for you hadn't changed a bit. Your eyes filled with tears immediately, and so did theirs.

"Mom... dad..."

"We're here, sweetheart" your mother said "Take a good rest and we'll talk later"

"No" you said and sat to your bed, still feeling dizzy but you ignored it "I'm fine, I've rested enough... mom, dad, I'm sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry about anything. Bastards like this Taemin, we have met many in our long lives. And we know our daughter better than anyone" you father said "Don't ever apologize about this"

"Don't worry" your mother said, in more serious tone "we're gonna take legal action against this Taemin. He won't ever bother you again. No one will bother you again sweetie. You had to tell us earlier, he wouldn't have dared to do such a thing. And please, for your sake, never bother with this Jungkook again. You didn't deserve this treatment."

"I should have told him" you muttered and your mother caressed your hair with her hand

"Don't overthink it. Everything is gonna be fine, we're gonna protect you. Focus on taking care of yourself."

"Taehyung is waiting for you outside" your father added "So we're gonna leave for a while to let you talk. If you ever don't feel okay call us immediately and take these pills" he said and showed you a little box "in case of panic. It will drop your pulses immediately" 

You smiled and nodded. You thought you really wanted to see Taehyung. Your parents kissed you and left the room, and at the same time your friend got inside.

He sat at your bed, looking at you non-stop. He seemed so sad, so worried, his eyes were a little red and you could tell he had cried.

"You okay? Need anything?" he asked and held your hand

"No, it's okay. Is anyone else here?"

"They all know what happened, but I told no one to come. I didn't know whether you wanted or not"

"Tell Yoongi and Namjoon to come for the time being. I'd like to see them" you said and he nodded

You stayed like this for a while, unsure of what to say, enjoying your hand being in his. But soon dread started taking the better of you, and bad thoughts were coming upon your mind.

"What am I gonna do, Taehyung? The picture was already too much, but a video of such a moment? How could Taemin do this... why did he do this... what's so good about destroying someone's life like this?"

"Many men are like this. Taking advantage of such moments, passing them on to their friends, in the end it ends up like a trade business. And most of the times, girls will never get to know it. I don't know whether you're lucky or not you found out." he sighed "You really can't trust anyone"

"How is Jungkook?" you asked and he glared at you

"After talking to you like that, you really ask about how he is? I don't know, I punched him so hard he's probably at a hospital to treat his wounds" the boy said with hatred "I'm telling you, Y/N, Namjoon, Yoongi and I will never let anyone again treat you badly. This has gone too far. You just have to tell us, and we'll be here. The rest of the guys too. We're all by your side, and it's important for you to know that."

He leaned in and kissed your forehead. Having him so close was making you feel much better, his presence was helping you avoid thinking of more, darker things.

Half an hour later, Yoongi and Namjoon arrived, each of them pulling you in a strong embrace.

As expected from Yoongi, he was more than enraged.

"JUNGKOOK THAT JERK I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" He said and you were sure the whole hospital could hear him "HOW DARES HE TREATING YOU LIKE SHIT, I SWEAR I WON'T LET HIM LIVE ANOTHER DAY OF THIS LIFE-"

"Yoongi" Namjoon stopped him "Think rationally, please. I'm sure he'll regret it later, he was just blinded. He felt betrayed. Think about it, You, Taehyung, Jin, Hoseok, Jimin and I already knew about her rumors, but no one ever told him anything, her boyfriend. Yeah, he acted like shit and took this too far, but now with that video, it hit him out of nowhere. Imagine someone selling you a sex video of your girlfriend, it's a nightmare. So please, let's leave him alone for the time being, and let's focus on helping Y/N, who's even more damaged in this situation"

"Y/N" Yoongi told you "I'll start coming to school more frequently, I won't leave you alone"

"I won't leave you either. Neither Jin. It's the four of us there, and we have no problem going against the whole school" Namjoon added.

Seeing the three of them supporting you so much, also having your supportive parents, and combining everything that happened, you came to tears and they were all next to you, caring for you, loving you.

But in reality, going back to school didn't go as good as you expected.

You started becoming paranoid, translating every male glance to the theory that they had seen your video and had done something with it, like the guy out of your window. You were feeling your body vulnerable, exposed, shared, and you were doing your best to hide it. Your panic attacks became so frequent and so severe that the doctors declared that for the time being you wouldn't be able to function normally at a little society like school. You stopped going to school and you'd repeat the year after receiving treatment and therapy.

Psychologist and pills became your best friends.

You also found out you weren't able to stay alone for a long time, especially during sleep time. That's why Taehyung was now almost living in your house, sleeping every night with you so that you wouldn't stay alone with your dreadful thoughts. He'd remind you to take your medication and would always make you feel comfortable. He never, ever tried to approach you in a way other that friendly, and that's what you needed at this point.

You parents were working hard to pay your therapy and had started taking you to eat out as family more frequently, wanting you to feel safe in the world again. Your friends were visiting you a lot, and you hadn't stopped going to the basketball field during that time or doing other activities with little or no people around.

You decided that when you'd be able to interact with people without panicking, you'd find  a job to help your parents and pay for yourself your expensive therapy.

You started eating a lot more, and gained lots of weight. Some interpreted it that it was because of depression, but you knew it was because you wanted your body to look nothing like the picture.

You hadn't heard from Jungkook since then, you didn't try to reach out to him and he didn't try to contact you as well. Your friends wouldn't tell you anything about him even though you knew they were still in touch. But from days to days, you were missing him so much you'd have to take another pill.