35. Kim Taehyung [END]

Taehyung's POV

When your name was first given to me and they described me your situation, I was pretty confident I'd do a satisfying job. I was already imagining myself being your savior, fixing a person's life and leading you to happiness, like I had done with many other people that had been assigned to me. 

But just like humans' jobs, there were ups and downs at our career as guardian angels and not every case would have a happy ending. I was so naïve back then, taking my success for granted, like a newbie.

When I first met you you were in your pajamas, crying on your bed but at the same time writing in your diary. I sat next to you, reading all the harsh words you were saying to yourself I got the feeling your situation would be harder than expected. I then closed my eyes and prayed for you.

We were spending lots of days like this, me by your side on the bed watching you, keeping notes about you, praying, learning about you. I was walking with you to the cold streets while you were lost in your world, and every time I wished I could ask you what was in your mind. I was there every time a person mocked you, whispered about you, pointed at you with their finger, tried to touch your body. I was there when your friends were awkwardly abandoning you, not wanting to be seen with you or not believing in your innocence.  I was there, reading your diary every time you were writing in it, confessing all of your feelings. I was there every time you were hiding the truth from your parents, every night you had a hard time falling asleep. I was praying again and again, and it was the first time I wanted to be human so badly. 

I couldn't help it and I slowly started liking you. I wasn't supposed to, and it definitely wasn't helping you in any way. I wished you'd at least be aware of my existence.

I was something above human, but I was feeling much weaker. If I was a human, would I be able to help you more? Would my words sooth your pain? Would you like my touch? Would you feel comfortable in it? Would you come to love me?

I was sitting down at the basketball field with you that day, and I had noticed Park Jimin glancing at you a lot. When he came to speak to you and you quickly hid your diary while locking eyes with him, that moment, my guts told me that this guy would steal your heart. It was the first time I experienced jealousy as an angel and I didn't even know it was possible.

I saw you meeting Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon, Jeon Jungkook, Jung Hoseok and Kim Seokjin as well. I saw you being loved, and at the same time I saw your downfall.

I saw you forcing yourself to eat in order to change your body, going to therapy, taking the pills, I saw all of it and I wanted to yell at you to stop, I wanted to save you, I wanted to tell you how much I love you, I wanted to take you with me and run away from all these people.

Park Jimin, the man I was so jealous of because from the first moment, I could see there was something between you two and he was always so close to you. The man who offered so many good memories and was always a shoulder to cry on. But at the same time, a man who didn't claim you as he had to. He let Jungkook have you, and despite being there all the time for you, he didn't prevent and didn't even try to stop you from your tragic end.

Yeah, Park Jimin, the man I was jealous of, respecting and despising at the same time.

If I had the power he had, the power to be besides you, to touch you, to feel you, to talk to you, I would have saved you. Because I love you, I love you more than all of them did. 

I stood at the corner of the cliff as I watched your miserable ending. I realized that suicide was bound to send you to hell, you and your friends, that's why I wanted to do something for you, something only I had the power to.