17. I would like to know you

After that night with Namjoon, you didn't avoid them anymore. You actually spent the school breaks with them, which also made people comment less around you because they were afraid of Yoongi.

But you still didn't pass by the basketball field. Inside you, it felt like a part of life that was over. You used to hang out with your previous friends there, then with some unknown boys but that didn't work out too.

However, one day during school Jin came to you. He greeted Yoongi and Namjoon -apparently, they knew each other- and said he wanted to talk to you. He didn't seem to care that your friends were around.

"What is it?" You asked

"Taehyung wants to know why you don't come by anymore" Jin said

That felt very weird. The last time you talked with Taehyung he was very annoying and you were very harsh with your words. You didn't expect he would actually care whether you'd come again or not.

"Taehyung? Who is Taehyung?" Yoongi asked

"A friend. Y/N played basketball with us sometimes" Jin explained.

"Exactly, I just played basketball, so I see no reason for him to care so much " You said

"If you don't go again, he promised he'll come here and wait for you right outside our school's gate. I'm sorry, he's really determined."

Your eyes were wide open. What was wrong with that guy?

"Fine! Just... can the guys come too?" You asked and pointed at Yoongi and Namjoon

"Yeah, I guess. We can have a fun game together. Are you guys interested?" Jin asked them

"Sure, I'm in" Namjoon said

"Me too, but I can't promise I'll stay a lot. I just wanna support Y/N" Yoongi said

These guys were actually making your pain go away.

Jin was about to leave but you stopped him.

"Jin, one last thing... did you tell Taehyung about..." you didn't finish your sentence but he knew.

"Your rumors? Yeah I did. Don't worry, whether it's you or not, he doesn't really care"

He left. Your heart skipped a beat. Was Jin honest right now? You felt anger that he had told Taehyung, but at the same time, amazed by the boy's reaction.

After school, Jin was waiting for you outside the school gate, so together with Yoongi and Namjoon you all walked to the basketball field.

Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok were already there. It's been a long time, so when your eyes met Taehyung's, you couldn't help it and got rid of the feelings of that last time you met. To be fair, he insisted because he cared.

Yoongi and Namjoon introduced themselves and so did the other guys. You decided to play and got into two teams. You, Namjoon and Hoseok were one team, while Taehyung, Yoongi and Jin the other. Jimin didn't play in the beginning, and stayed outside looking at you.

While you were playing, at some point Taehyung had the ball and you were trying to get it from him. But he was too tall for you, so he laughed watching you struggling in front of him.

"Suffer, just like me during the time you weren't coming here" he said before giving the ball to Yoongi.

"Suffer? Such an exaggerated word to use for the time you didn't see me" You told him and he shrugged

"It's true. I've been seeing you in the field for years, so it was weird not to see you anymore. Lonely, I could say, despite having friends around."

He knew about the picture, yet he wouldn't ask about it. The Taehyung you knew was here. Hanging out and having fun but leaving you in peace.

"I'm sorry. I guess I can come here with friends again" You said and looked at Yoongi and Namjoon

"That's good to hear. I'm sorry for the last time. You wanted to stay alone but I insisted too much"

"Apology accepted. I'm sorry too. For talking to you like that and for avoiding you"

"You said something true though. I don't know you. But I would like to know you" He said

You had forgotten about everything else. That you were in the middle of a game. That you had other people around. That you existed.

You felt your cheeks burn.

"We will... since our friends seem to like each other... we will probably see each other more..." you said and left as quick as possible, apologizing to the guys for not being concentrated.

Taehyung, besides you, was smiling to the sky.

---
"These guys seem to be very nice. And three of them are from your school. Next time you should come too, Jungkook"

After working on the project, Namjoon invited Jungkook to come at the basketball field next time.

"From my school? Who are they?"

"Kim Taehyung, Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin"

"Oh... I know them. We don't really talk though. And how come you went there to play with them?"

"Y/N knew them. Apparently, that Taehyung guy missed her or something" Yoongi said, and you knew he said that on purpose.

He was smiling like an idiot when he saw Jungkook's jealousy in his eyes.

The past few days, you and Jungkook were texting each other. Nothing serious, just how your day was or if you got safe home and things like that. He really wanted to say more but he knew how close you were as a person, and rejection scared him.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook said his name and seemed pretty worried.

"Yeah. He is too good looking" Yoongi said and you knew he wanted to laugh so hard

Namjoon slightly punched him to stop

"I'm coming next time" Jungkook said

You weren't dense. You knew he was interested in you, and he was pretty insecure about his moves. But you weren't sure of your feelings. He was pretty hot and nice and you had a fun time together, but you never stayed the two of you, and also at this point of your life you weren't sure whether you needed to pay attention to romance.

That's why you were trying not to do things that would give him hope for no reason. You treated him the same way you were treating your friends.