27. Awards

Yoongi hated wearing formal clothing, but it was the event of the end of the school year and the event was considered formal enough. He was holding his phone to his ear.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come" he heard your voice "Say congrats to Namjoon from me"

"I will, and don't worry, it hasn't began yet and I already want to leave. Can't describe how happy I am that I won't come to this rotten place again" Yoongi joked

"But, Yoongi, are you okay?"

The boy didn't talk for a while.

"About not passing to any university? I'm fine, I was barely coming to school anyway, I'm thankful for receiving my school certificate at this point and not repeating the class. Universities are for idiots" he said and you knew he was just trying to make himself feel better

"Idiots like Namjoon?"

"Yeah, stupid him, studying and now passing all highly and mighty" Yoongi laughed and you did the same "I think I saw him in the crowd, we're meeting later, okay?"

"Yeah, see you later"

He hung up and approached Namjoon how had his back turned at him "Yo, Joon, congrats from Y/N" he said and touched his friend's shoulder

But as soon as he saw his face, he became silent. Namjoon would avoid looking at him, but Yoongi would force him to face him again and again, his eyes wide open, trying to process what he was looking at.

"Your face, Namjoon... why did this happen? Why did they do this to you?"

Namjoon's face was almost unrecognizable from the wounds and bruises. He had tried covering them with makeup, but they were still so obvious Yoongi's heart couldn't take it.

"I didn't... pass to medical school. You know how much my parents wanted this. It was the reason they have forced me to study so hard during the years. But I didn't write good enough, apparently."

"I know, but you passed at business management, so why did they do this?"

"It's not what they wanted. Last night, they didn't even let me sleep home. Please don't tell the others, I don't want them to know, especially Y/N, after all that happened to her I can't have her worrying about me"

"Having been beaten up like this, and you're still thinking about the others? We have to do something about this, call the police, they can't treat their son like shit. You're so amazing and everyone knows that. You tried so hard, we were barely seeing you during the year, you don't deserve this. You're fucking human"

But Namjoon didn't answer. The event was about to start, and Namjoon had to go to wait for his name to be announced. He left Yoongi in the crowd by himself.

Yoongi tightened his fists. Hoseok, Y/N, Jungkook, Namjoon, even himself, everyone was falling apart and he was standing as a bystander to this mess, unable to save anyone. He had never felt so week in his life before.

The event began, and the students that passed at a university were awarded. Yoongi was eyeing Namjoon as he was walking on the stage to take his award, and everyone around him was whispering about his wounds. Yoongi wanted to punch them all to make them shut up, but he wanted to be as brave as Taehyung, despite being more irritable than him. 

But when Jin's name was called, Jin was nowhere to be found. Yoongi was too focused on what happened with Namjoon, that he had forgotten he hadn't seen Jin during the day. He called him, but he didn't answer. He shared a glance with Namjoon, and the boy took his friend's award, saying he will give it to him later.

After the event was over, they kept calling him again and again. In the end they called Taehyung.

"Have you seen Jin?" Yoongi asked 

"No, but we have an idea of what happened. We're coming with Hoseok's car, wait for us outside your school"

And so they did. It was only Taehyung and Hoseok in the car and when they entered, Taehyung started explaining.

"Jin is in love with someone for years now. Five years, to be frank. That someone, is a teacher of ours, a pretty young one. He was waiting for this day to confess to her. But our awards ceremony today was cancelled because a teacher got into a car accident, and that teacher is her. We're going to the hospital she's being held."

Both of the boys were dumbfounded. They were actually feeling trapped in a world where the bad events around them would never get to stop.

---

Jin was found sitting at a chair in front of a hospital room. He was wearing a suit, his hair was carefully combed and jelled behind. In his hands, a bouquet of white roses. His eyes were staring at nothing. It was obvious he was lost into his own depressed world.

Hoseok was the one who kneeled in front of him and forced him to look at him "Jin? Do you hear me? Are you okay?" the boy asked and Jin slowly turned his eyes on him.

Blank eyes, empty from life within them.

"It's my fault" was all he said

"What's your fault, Jin?" Yoongi asked

"It's my fault" he repeated "I told her to meet me before going to school. She changed her route for me. To see me. This was for her" he said and looked at the flowers "I wanted to tell her I passed at theatrical school, like I wanted. I wanted to see her being proud of me. I wanted to tell her... what I wanted to say five years now" he took a deep breath "If she hadn't changed her route to see me, she wouldn't have had... collided with that... drunkass that killed her... no..." his whole body was trembling as he was saying these words, he was holding the roses so tightly that the thorns were getting into his flesh, his tears were watering them "I killed her"
---
A/N: yeah I'm not done ruining everyone's lives