sabotage of the arena of kwangya

A/N: Back @ it with Bunny & Jeno because I miss them. Sorry if you find this boring & long and expect *cold assassin Jaehyun* but meh. Friends to lovers trope, amirite. I have to get MBL out of my system before I write anything else so forgive me. 

I was hundred percent sure that Jung Jaehyun was trying to break me

I was hundred percent sure that Jung Jaehyun was trying to break me. I have never heard of anyone who wakes up at 4 am to run their morning rounds. I thought it was my alarm, rolling to the side and lifting it up to see that it was a call from NCT Center's very own prince, Jaehyun's husky voice indicating that he also just woke up.

"Awake?" he asked and I frowned, glancing at the time before bringing the phone to my ears. I mumbled something. "Good, let's go for our morning run."

I first thought that maybe there was a reason why he never kept a partner and I guessed this was it. I decided to follow through with it, freshening up and putting on my workout clothes when I exited the area to see Jaehyun in his hoodie.

He had his hands in his pockets, the male with his hair gelled back.

"You still look sleepy," he told me and I nodded. I wasn't very acquainted with him just yet and I eyed him warily, Jaehyun chuckling before he told me to loosen up.

"Sorry, just not used to this. I usually have a few training sessions with my partners before going out to morning runs with them."

"Boring." He shook his head. "Why do that when we can just jump straight to being friends?"

He had a point. As I entered the Arena of Kwangya, I saw how dark it was. I felt his hand on the small of my back and I jumped, Jaehyun mirroring my actions in surprise. We had to stretch and I found myself on the ground, feet against Jaehyun's as we pulled on each other's limbs.

Jaehyun was nice. Too nice. How could someone be so nice? He was definitely not like the men I had trained with back in America—he was attentive and asked questions. There were times I couldn't help but feel like he had an ulterior motive.

Upon asking why he ran so early morning, he told me that the mage-players always come around 5 and they were always so loud. That and they also liked to put on the lights in the arena and he hated how bright it was.

The first time we ran into the arena, I noticed a shadow in front of us, Jaehyun grabbing my arm and pointing. Lee Jeno, he told me.

"Lee Jeno?" I asked, tilting my head at him.

"You must have heard of him. He's an assassin player," Jaehyun said. "He comes so early in the morning I wonder if he ever sleeps. Tough guy. Doesn't talk much. I usually come and he's always already here. I use him as my benchmark."

Benchmark?

"Why?"

"He's weirdly fast," Jaehyun told me, shrugging. "And I always try to beat him and run in front of him but for some reason, he always takes another route."