the return of those of the past

PR week was tiring and I found myself regaining my strength by sleeping in my free time

PR week was tiring and I found myself regaining my strength by sleeping in my free time. This particular morning, I was awoken by a male who was staring intently at me and I stretched when my eyes focused.

"Roll over," he said and I shook my head, Jaehyun pushing me to the side. I slapped his arm.

"Aren't we going for a morning run?" I asked, Jaehyun kicking his shoes off. I saw that he was already in a tracksuit. He unzipped it and removed the top layer, wearing only his plain blacktop before he slid under the covers.

"Staying in bed sounds like a good idea, too."

"We've skipped our morning runs for 3 days now," I told him and he complained that it was because he always saw me sleeping and couldn't help himself. "Promise we'll go for our midnight run."

"Mhm, after our meeting with Kyungsoo," he said and I nodded, turning to my side as he hugged me from behind. "Why do you think it's just the both of us?"

"I don't know," I whispered. "Maybe he'll ask us to become permanent partners."

I expected Jaehyun to fall silent but he hummed in response. "I'd like that."

"Really?" I asked, turning to him and frowning. He nodded, a hand running through my hair before he massaged my scalp. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Permanent partners with you." He nodded. "Do you not like the idea of that?"

"I'm okay with it," I told him. "Just expected you not to be."

"Why wouldn't I not be?" he asked back and I rolled my eyes.

"You know why," I said back and he chuckled, kissing my forehead.

"You think too much."

I had reason to and that reason was soon validated when both of us walked to Kyungsoo's office. I was telling Jaehyun about us having to go to gym with Jeno and Jaehyun replied that maybe it was time Jeno told everyone about him being a royal Draxian.

I smiled, pushing the office door open when I froze, Jaehyun crashing against my back, his hand grabbing my waist.

"Why did you—"

Kyungsoo motioned to the two people who were sitting there in front of him and my throat went dry when I saw who it was. Jaehyun too, stiffened behind me and his hand on my waist falling limply to his side.

"Nabi," Hansol murmured and I blinked, trying to understand what was going on.

"Jaehyun," a girl beside Jaehyun said and he didn't reply.

"Hansol is joining NCT Center from today. Russia didn't work out." Kyungsoo smiled as if we should be happy about it. "And Hwang Yena is back."

Yena smiled, her eyes falling on me before she turned to Kyungsoo.

"I'm happy to be back, Headmaster."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________