a friend in the enemy's side

Johnny knew what was going on

Johnny knew what was going on. He was keeping a close eye on everything that was happening. The male paced back and forth. It was a losing battle. It would end with either the main turrets breaking or with all of his teammate's dead.

Johnny did not know, however, that he would have back up. At the sight of Ten passing down on the ground, Johnny flashed a yellow card to indicate to the panel that he wanted Ten out of the game. He didn't get to think of what he would play, Johnny ever only playing a tank when there was a dragging sound.

"Johnny hyung, Johnny hyung!" Mark gasped and much to Johnny's surprise, his underground contact had shown himself with a piece of metal that Johnny had put together years ago.

"Mark, what are you doing here?" Johnny asked, Mark looking around. "Is that the suit from my office? How'd you—"

"I went out the front and took a taxi and brought it here. The journey is long only if you go by the sewage, hyung. I couldn't bring you all through the front." Mark pushed the suit to him. "You need to get in there."

Johnny couldn't agree more, the male already fastening the suit around his body.

"Replace!" Johnny yelled out to the panel.

"Junkyard Johnny replacing Player Ten!"

"Do you hear that?" Hansol asked Jaehyun who was behind him. The both of them had crashed against each other while running away from the opposing team and decided to stick together.

"Johnny is replacing Ten," Jaehyun said, pushing Hansol to the side.

"Bottom turret destroyed by Player Nabi!" an announcement blared and Jaehyun felt a tinge of hope.

"My girl," both he and Hansol said at the same time, both of them exchanging looks.

"She doesn't like you, you know," Jaehyun quipped and Hansol raised an eyebrow when a laser beam came from nowhere. Both of them looked towards the direction of the attack to see another female from the opponent's team, the girl narrowing her eyes at them.

Much to their surprise, she lowered her weapon and tilted her head to the side.

"Go," she mouthed, Jaehyun and Hansol realizing that she may be playing for the other team but she was on their side. She gave them a smile and disappeared among the bushes.

"Who's that girl?"

"No idea," Hansol murmured. "But let's be happy that she let us go."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnny stepped into the area, the suit covering his body. With a flick of a button, he felt the machine power-up, Johnny rising up with the help of the suit. He had watched Ironman, a movie from thousands of years ago, and got his inspiration from that.

"Junkyard Johnny! Junkyard Johnny!" the crowd began to chant.

He hoped his teammates were smart enough to focus on turrets and he was right about that.

"Middle lane turret destroyed by Player Hansol!"

"Bottom lane second turret destroyed by Player Jaehyun!"

"Top second turret destroyed by Player Nabi!"

Johnny rose higher when he saw Jeno wrestling with one of the aliens. It was an ongoing fight, Dunn the alien, drawing blood from Jeno's neck. Jeno was feeling weak but he was holding off and Johnny decided to give his friend a hand.

He pressed a button on his suit, rushing forward. With a gasp, Dunn was taken by surprise when flames began to shoot out of Johnny's suit, burning the alien's face.

"You're back in the suit," Dunn hissed and Johnny smiled.

"Not my fault you're not smart enough to build one," Johnny said, distracting Dunn long enough for Jeno to spear his blade straight through the alien's heart. Johnny was sure he could see Dun's life flash before his eyes when he dropped down on the ground... dead. "Go handle the turrets, Jeno, before they bring in another substitute."

A nod from Jeno before he disappeared.

"Dunn killed by Player Jeno! Calling for substitutes!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nabi was a target now, the opposing team knowing that she was the reason why the turrets were breaking so quickly. She sped through the bushes, gun in hand and ready to shoot when growling could be heard.

She was lucky, the female noticing Johnny a little bit away when she had an idea.

"Johnny! Johnny!" Nabi yelled. As she reached him, she turned to shoot the alien behind her at the stomach. "Don't kill them. If we kill them or they go unconscious, they'll just keep bringing in substitutes."

"You want us to hurt them, instead?" Johnny asked, Nabi nodding. "Get on."

With another nod, Nabi attached herself to Johnny's suit as he rose up high.

"No wonder you've always won against the aliens, Johnny. You are nothing without your suit," Nabi said to her friend, cracking a humored smile. Johnny scowled.

"Well, Nabi. Let's see how your aim is." Johnny chuckled.

"Sounds good," Nabi answered.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Bullets were fired from above, Hansol and Jaehyun looking up to see Nabi aiming at the opposing team. Screams and squeals filled the arena.

They high-fived each other.

"Go back to the middle lane turret and break that," Hansol said to Jaehyun but his teammate made a face.

"No, last time I did that another alien attacked me. I'll shadow you and we go together."

"Jeez, no wonder Nabi says you have attachment issues," Hansol answered, Jaehyun punching his shoulder. Never in a million years would he expect Jung Jaehyun to say that he'd shadow him.

"Top third turret destroyed by Player Jeno!"

Right as the announcement was made, sirens sounded and drilling could be heard.

Aliens on the bleachers began to panic and people scattered down from their seats.

"INTERPOL! Interpol has arrived!"

And just like that, the lights of the black arena went on.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________