the wonder of jaehyun's hidden character

A/N I hate that this fanfic is all over the place. Every chapter, I surprise myself because I don't know what I'm going to end up writing lmao sorry. I have moved from MBL to Tiktok, watching smart dogs howl. Please comment and upvote if you've enjoyed this chapter! 

________________________________________________________________________________

Another day, another season starting for the NCT Center members to panic over something I felt was a little bit too trivial

Another day, another season starting for the NCT Center members to panic over something I felt was a little bit too trivial. One of the NCT Center members was none other than Jung Jeffrey (I decided to call him Jeffrey every time Mr. Hotshot did something that was unbelievably stupid), who was absolutely terrified for his future.

They told me it was an understandable fear and I knew it was something that happened every season. Every season, Kyungsoo would get rid of a few basic characters. Either upgrade their skills, customize them, or remove them to make way for new characters so he could replace the professors.

It happened to me before and I was once a Layla player—the queen of the basic characters. All I had to do was to parade around with a bazooka. It was one of the first characters that were taught but after a few years and the new creation of characters came into play, Layla was then removed and more powerful characters made it to the arena. I moved to Miya which was simply upgraded and I was good to go.

There were lists of basic characters that Kyungsoo decided to remove and upon doing so, our players would have to focus on new characters. I agreed. Basic characters simply did not make the cut and could not fight against the meta-heroes that were going to make it to the arena.

One of those characters was Jung Jeffrey's Alucard. I told him. I told him so many times that his Primary, Secondary and Tertiary characters were... mundane. He did not listen to me so here we were, having snuck into the council meeting.

And I had fucking Jung Jeffrey on my shoulders.

"It hurts."

"You're fine, people say I have a flat ass."

"Jeffrey.... Jeffrey!" I hissed, trying to balance him without dropping him. He was holding onto the lockers that were by the council meeting room, trying to peer into the high-rise window to see if they would get rid of Alucard. "They will see us, Jaehyun."

"I don't hear anything," Jaehyun replied and I could feel his foot on my shoulder shifting. "Do you hear anything?"

"I'm down and you're up," I reminded him and he paused with a small 'Oh'. "Jaehyun, get down. Kyungsoo will tell us when the meeting is over."

"If they get rid of Alucard which is my main, I am done for, Nabi. I am a hundred percent done for."

I told him that he was being dramatic when I lost my footing, Jaehyun dropping onto the ground. I waved my hands instinctively, trying to find something to grab when he beat me to it, catching my body with one arm before I hit the ground.