jeno's history

There were very few people who knew of Jeno's history, the male punching the punching bag in front of him as the older female steadied it

There were very few people who knew of Jeno's history, the male punching the punching bag in front of him as the older female steadied it. Punching bags often flew off when he exerted full power. Nabi wasn't really scared and she knew to steady it with both hands, her body away from the punching bag.

Sweat dripped down Jeno's forehead. It was unbelievably hot. He had removed his shirt and was wearing a tank top, the veins bulging underneath his skin but Nabi did not seem fazed.

"So who knows?"

"Taeyong, Kyungsoo," he said and she raised an eyebrow. "Johnny. Johnny was the one who recruited me. He knew about me since I was young. We come from a similar background."

"Are you registered in the directory as a halfling?" she asked and he nodded. "But the rest don't know?"

"They don't need to. The only rule of the arena states that halflings need to be registered and that there can be only one in an active game. I've never played in a game with Taeyong hyung before. He always has to fake sick."

"I do remember Taeyong saying he had a stomachache the first day I came here," she said and he nodded. He threw a few punches. He was waiting for her to ask the right questions but she didn't.

"Aren't you going to ask me where I come from?" he asked and Nabi shrugged.

"I was only curious because you didn't seem fully human but if you want to give me a bonus, sure."

Jeno contemplated just leaving the subject but he knew that she was curious. Nabi was always curious and she was always thinking. Sometimes the complete opposite of how Jaehyun was like.

"I was found in a landfill," Jeno began, wiping away the sweat. "My father adopted me. He heard crying."

"You were abandoned when you were a baby?" she asked and he nodded.

"My father had no choice. He didn't want to send me to the system so he took care of me with the little money he had. He manages the landfills." Jeno paused. "Johnny... Johnny's nickname is Junkyard Johnny. He grew up playing in the junkyard and his father handles the tractors and such. When Johnny got accepted in NCT Center, he referred me to it so I got in."

"Junkyard Johnny," she repeated before chuckling. "Cute. But you're a royal?"

"I didn't know until my veins turned blue," Jeno said, looking down on his arm. "My mother is Draxian, a part of the royal bloodline. My father is human but I have no idea who he is. I think she abandoned me in the landfill because it's frowned upon in Draxian culture to even mingle with humans."

"Have you met her?" she asked and Jeno nodded.

"She came to claim me when I was eighteen. Told her to get the fuck out of my face," Jeno pressed his lips together. "The only person that I care for is my father and my father only."