...and that makes all the difference

I had watched the game with the longing of being in the arena

I had watched the game with the longing of being in the arena. I had seen Kim Bunny get hooked by Taichi, the tank of the other team a couple of times, the female yelling out "Guys! The tank is Taichi!".

I watched as Dana curtsey to the camera when she got her first kill. Jaehyun was playing Gusion and I watched as he pounded on his chest two times, lifting his hand into the air to celebrate a kill. My stomach knotted and I groaned, falling to my side.

It just had to be today, I thought when someone reached over and gave me a heat pad. I blinked, looking up to see Qian Kun, WayV's Gamemaster cracking a soft smile.

"Time of the month?" he asked and I nodded weakly. "Good thing Jaehyun asked Johnny to bench you, then."

I didn't say anything, thanking him for the heat pad.

"WayV will be playing next. Let the staff know if you need anything," Qian Kun told me and I nodded. The games were going to be long. Multiple teams from within the Tokyo International Center against NCT Center. I sighed, deciding to let myself get some rest before I closed my eyes.

The ending of the games arrived soon after and I was in a daze, being escorted straight back to the hotel. Jisung kept asking me if I was okay and even if he didn't play, he was stoked that he was able to witness an international game between two centers.

I remembered how I used to be that way.

Entering the hotel room and falling onto the bed, I felt my phone buzz.

Jaehyun: sorry
Jaehyun: can I go see you?

I stared at the text, heaving a sigh. I wasn't mad at him, per say. Okay, I was. I didn't like how he made the decision for me. If I thought I couldn't play, I would have told Johnny to bench me myself. A knock on the door sounded and I flickered my eyes over to the door when it was pushed open and I heard a rustle of paper bags.

How... I frowned at him. Jaehyun was standing in front of me with paper bags in his arms, the male chewing on his bottom lip.

"I asked for the Mastercard from Johnny," he told me, answering the question in my head of how he got in. "Are you still mad?"

I didn't say anything, standing up to limp towards the bathroom to wash my face. I closed the door, Jaehyun knocking on the wood when he repeated his question.

"I really don't want to talk right now, Jung."

He quieted down when he heard me use his last name, Jaehyun sighing. When I was done, I pushed open the door to see that he was still standing there, staring pointedly at me.

"Okay, what did you expect me to do?" he demanded and I was taken aback at how he did not seem apologetic anymore. Instead, he seemed furious. "Did you honestly think I'd let you go out into the arena and play when you were in so much pain?"