Chapter 2

*Two Months later*
It's Tech day. Finally. I felt like the whole show was in pretty great shape, everyone had their lines memorized to almost perfection. Ada was just working on smoothing out all the little kinks now. Which there was a lot of them. And more to come. Especially since today lights, sound, set changes, props, and a few costumes would be added in. I know, it's a lot, and we have to fit all that into one day. Most theaters have tech weeks, and because we're small we have a tech day.

    Since I'm an extra I have the wonderful job of helping out the stage crew. " Set golden chair SSR." I whisper under my breath as I stare at one of the many sheets of paper lining the wall that shows who's doing what in each set change, " Do we have a golden chair back here?" I say in a quiet voice to Lena who is also on stage crew.

    Lena quickly looks around the small backstage and shakes her head, "I can't find it! Let me ask Cali." She pulls the microphone on her headset down to her mouth and whispers, " Cali, we're missing a golden chair, is it on your backstage?" She's silent for a minute then says, " K, thanks." Lena looks at me and gets closer so I can hear her, " It's on their side, she'll bring it up for you in the next set change."

    Ah, stress. That is how most Tech days go, with so many small problems that can majorly mess up the whole flow of things.

    After another hour of stress mixed with boredom from sitting backstage, it's finally over. We get about half an hour break till we have to run the whole thing again. I sit up from a prop I was perched on and stretch. Then I walk out of my backstage and head over to backstage left where a door leads outside. Outside all the actors are hanging out in various groups all laughing and talking a mile a minute. I walk over to a group with Harper, Lena, and a few other girls, " Hey guys! What are we talking about?" I ask as I join them.

    " Lena's cousin's boyfriend is coming to one of the shows!" Harper says excitedly bouncing on the balls of her feet. I shoot her a look that says, and why is that so exciting?

    " Yea, and you won't guess who it is!" Lena squeals.

    " Who?" I have no idea what all this excitement is about over a random person.

    " Will Poulter!" Harper practically screams in my ear.

    My heart stops. The Will Poulter? The one I've been fangirling over since the first day I watched Maze Runner? This can't be, this is a joke. Wait... nononono. He has a girlfriend. This is bad. Very bad. I've been googling for the past five years if he was in any sort of relationship and it always said he wasn't. So much for trusting the internet.

    " Skye? Hellloooo? Are you alive over there?" Lena is waving her hand in front of my face.

    I cough several times and try to pull myself together, " didn't know he had a girlfriend." I mutter looking at the ground, trying hard to contain my emotions.

    " Yea, they went on a date a couple of weeks ago my cousin told me the whole story..." I zone out as Lena drags on about a relationship I DO NOT want to hear about.

    Normally, I wasn't a person to believe in actually meeting my celeb crush and them noticing me. Much less even liking me. But still, this feels like a punch in the gut.

    " I'm um, gonna go get a drink of water," I mutter and drift off, away from the group. Harper follows me, " What?" I ask grumpily even though I know what she's going to say.

    " You kinda went as pale as snow as soon as Lena mentioned the fact that Will Poulter has a girlfriend, that's all." Harper looks at me with a slightly concerned look on her face.

    " Just never thought he'd ever get into a relationship or anything," I say as I enter the auditorium and head for the hallway.

    " Duh, Skye, he's gonna get a girlfriend some point in time." Harper nudges my shoulder.

    " I know I'm overreacting but still." I slurp the water hungrily from the water fountain in the hallway, like it's my only life source.

    " Just please don't faint during the show." Harper teases.

    " I might," I mumble, wiping the water from my mouth.

    Somehow, somehow I just have to make it the rest of the week and survive the show that Will Poulter is going to be at.

Authors note
Hey Guys! Thanks for reading!
    The picture for this chapter is how I imagine Lena.
    Please follow, vote, and comment!
- heavengrace55