Chapter 31

" THANK YOU JESUS" Harper yells, leaping up from her position on my bedroom floor.

     I had just spilled the news. All of it. Of course, what had just commenced in the dark corners of the backstage a couple of hours ago, called for another emergency meeting. Harper, Letti, Lena, and Elisabeth all gathered in my bedroom directly after I got home.

     Of course, it took hours to explain about Mark's threats and Will's plan to thwart him, and how that ties into our friendship/relationship, and everything else. But now they are simply elated about Will and me.

     " OH MY GOD DID HE KISS YOU???" Letti screeches.

     I cover my ears. " No! That's gross."

     " Not if it's Will," Lena says, grinning.

     I blush and try to ignore that comment. Elisabeth is sitting cross-legged on my bed looking thoughtful. " Elisabeth, since you are probably more sensible than the rest of us, what do you think of the whole ordeal?"

     " I think we are all a tad stupid." Of anything I was expecting her to say it wasn't that. " Think about it, we watched Mark ever so closely, and didn't even figure anything out!" Elisabeth looked mournful.

      " Hey, it's my fault I didn't tell you guys in the first place what happened... I'm sorry" I look down and pick at my black fingernail polish. ( I had put it on when I was depressed)

    " It's okay... hey, how about now that we have that load off of us, we do something fun?" That's such a Harper thing to do, as soon as the issue is resolved, she gets right back on the normal track of life again. It's kind of handy for such circumstances.

     "Yesss something with food please," Lena says excitedly.

     "Let's invite Will and Nat too," Letti suggests.

     We all look at her suspiciously. " Nats annoying." I groan. " Why invite him?"

" You know, so Will will have a friend." Letti tries to explain.

" Oh HO" Lena hollers " love is in the aiiirrrr."

" Why not invite any of the other guys, Lena how about Blake is he doing anything tonight?" I ask, trying to calm things down.

" YES HE'S CUTE" Harper agrees loudly.

" Ew, that's my brother your talking about" Lena cries.

I give Elisabeth a desperate look of 'please help me' but she just shakes her head and smiles. Elisabeth is the only one in the group who could care less about men. It gives our little group some stability.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I walk into the bowling alley next to Will. He keeps looking down at me with a small smile on his lips, making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

After much discussion, we called the boys and they suggested going bowling. It was a good idea because we can also eat at the bowling alley, and I am hungry.

We pay, grab our bowling balls and shoes, and head to our lanes. ( we have to get two because of our large group). Will is super hyper because he never went bowling before in his life. He's horrible at it at first and it's pitifully adorable.

" You, walk up to the lane, then throw the ball, don't run and hurl it at the same time." I try to explain. He furrows his lovely eyebrows in concentration, walks confidently to the edge of the lane, and throws the ball. The ball looks like it's headed for the gutter, but it seems to change its mind, and goes straight to the pins, knocking them all over.

" YES!!" He yells. I laugh and give him a high-five. After that, he's hard to beat. He keeps getting strikes and tying with me.

But Harper is way ahead of any of us and wins that round. Will comes over to me with a content expression, plopping down next to me. " Hey, do you want something to eat?"

" Of course, what do you think?" I say a little too eagerly.

" I saw they sell soft pretzels do you want one?" He asks.

" Where are they??" I leap to my feet.

" Goodness, girl sit down. I'll get them for you, what drink do you want?" Will gently grabs my arm and pulls me back down.

I stare at him dumbfounded. Usually, I would refuse an offer like this, but Will is looking at me with such a sincere expression, I can't decline, also, I'm broke. " Ummm what drinks do they have?"

He chuckles deeply, " Coke, sprite, lemonade-."

" Lemonade."

" Okay." He pats my leg and leaves.

Harper sees her chance and comes over quickly. " Holy mother of MOSES" she whispers in my ear. I shove her and she cackles evilly.

It takes Will seemingly forever to get my food. It's only ten minutes but it seems like a lifetime. Finally, I spot his tall figure, pushing through the crowds of people. He grins and raises my lemonade for me to see.

" Thanks, ma luv," I say teasingly in a British accent. Will turns all shades of red, and I laugh, taking the food from him.

" GUYS KEEP IT PG" Nat yells.

I groan, " why did we bring him again?"

" Because everyone loves me" Nat wiggles his eyebrows, which aren't near as nice as Wills by the way, and I shoot him a glare. " Save me!" He squeaks, hiding behind Letti. She giggles.

" Blake, can you get me food?" Lena asks her brother, giving him puppy eyes.

     " Absolutely not." Blake shakes his head, making his brown curls bounce.

     " Oh cmon, Will got Skye food!"

     " That's because they're them."

      " What exactly does that mean?" Will asks.

      " It means I'll be getting myself food." Lena stands and sighs, but Elisabeth joins her, linking her arm through hers.

     " Then let's go together, my dear."

     We all laugh as they walk away. Will puts his arm around me and I snuggle into him, feeling perfectly happy. I have food. I have a man.

     Will then surprises me by leaning down and softly kissing my forehead. I almost faint dead away but keep my composer.

     Harper is staring at us, her mouth hanging open. " Harper I can see your tonsils," Will says.

     " Did you SEE that??" She says in a high-pitched squeal to Nat. Nat is preoccupied with staring at Letti so she gets no answer.

     " Do you want to see more?" Will asks, grinning a little too widely.

     " EW NO," Blake yells, shielding his eyes.

     I would say a sarcastic remark, but I'm currently chowing down on my rather delectable soft pretzel so I choose silence. Right then Lena and Elisabeth return. " Guys you missed so much!" Harper tells them.

     " We were only gone a few minutes." Elisabeth reply's confused.

     Will clears his throat and stands, " I think it's time to start a new game what says you?"

     Authors note

     Merry Christmas you guys!!

     Stay warm and safe❤️

     Thanks for reading!

                    -heavengrace55