Chapter 14

In all the books I've read and movies I've watched, when you realize that you have an interest in a certain somebody, things become awkward between you and that person. That's what I expect to happen to me. But, to my surprise, when I enter the kitchen, still soaked I might add, Will is acting as if nothing happened. Who am I kidding? Nothing did happen, we just made totally strange eye contact and he left. He is acting normal now though.

Will is leaning in his usual state against the counter, telling everyone that I was desperate enough to chase after him in the pouring rain just for brownies. Everyone is rolling in fits of laughter and Will is looking very pleased to be the center of the show. I feel like strangling him. I know, it's a tad violent, but seriously, here I am feeling all romantical and here he is... well I honestly don't know what he's doing. Or thinking. Or feeling. Men are so confusing.

" Everyone needs sugar once in a while." I interrupt Will, glaring a little.

" Yes, but probably, most people would give up chasing after their desired food when there is a chance of getting rained upon." Nat pipes up. As I said before, Nat gets on my nerves sometimes, and this is one of those times.

" Speaking of getting rained upon, you guys are drenched. Are you planning on spending the rest of the day like that?" Lena, the ever faithful, says.

" Apparently," I grumble.

" You guys can wear the extra costumes in the attic," Harper suggests. It was true. There were a few shows that we did that were set in modern times, meaning there were probably a few jeans and t-shirts up there.

I just nod, not feeling verbal at the moment, and head out to the hall, once again weaving through the students who were now packing up their lunches. To get to the attic, you had to enter a library that had a tiny, rickety set of stairs that led up to a small hole in the ceiling. I'm heading up the staircase when I hear someone entering the library. I turn my head slightly to see Will walking up to the staircase. He grabs the shaking staircase which is not handling my weight very well. It steadies as soon as his hands grab onto it.

I mutter a small thank you and scurry up and into the attic. I'm greeted by bins of props and costumes. Oh great. This will take a while.

When Will comes up the stairs, his face drops at the sight before us. " How-," He starts.

" They're labeled, thank God but, I wouldn't exactly trust the labels if you know what I mean. We aren't exactly organized." I explain.

" I see, this one says jewelry. This whole bin is jewelry?" He questions. I furrow my eyebrows and head over to the bin, Will is prying off the lid. Inside, there are tons of cups, plates, utensils, and random Knick-knacks. " That's not a good sign." Will chuckles.

" Nope." I agree, " Well, we'll just search through them all I guess."

We start pulling off the lids of all the bins. After about ten minutes of searching, I hear Will make an excited little sound. It was a mixture of a grunt and a cheer. Even though I wasn't sure if he found anything useful, I turn from a box I'm sifting through and see him holding up two sweatshirts. They are both pink. I burst into laughter. " You have got to wear one of those."

" Absolutely not." He scowls at the offending hoodies and I laugh at his disgust.

" Is there anything else?" I ask.

" Just these and a couple pairs of jeans," he replies.

" Perfect." I push a few bins aside to get to where he is standing and look through the bin. I pick one up and look at the tag. To my relief, it's only one size up from my normal size. " That'll work. Is there any in there that will fit you?" I doubted it, considering the height of Will.

" It doesn't look like- oh no." Will straightens, holding a pair of black jeans. They are certainly long enough but absolutely huge.

" Oh well, just wear a belt," I suggest, not much concerned, until I look at the pants he's wearing. He's wearing sweatpants of course. Which obviously don't require a belt. " Rope?" I hesitantly suggest.

Will groans, but he has a tiny smirk which tells me he finds it funny. " I think we are just gonna have to be creative." He starts rummaging through the bin again. To our luck, there is a slight length of chain at the bottom.

" Oh yes," I say.

" No."

" Yes."

" Not in a million years."

        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Will walks out of the guys' bathroom, anybody can hear the sound of chains rattling as he walks, even though it's hidden by his large pink sweatshirt. I walk out of the ladies' bathroom at the same time and spot him. As soon as I do, I fall over with laughter. As does everyone else. Will steps forward and gives a dramatic bow. All the kids applaud wildly.

" I still can't believe you convinced me to do this," he whispers to me as we head to director time.

" You didn't have a choice, there was nothing else to choose from," I say.

Director time goes better than it has ever gone. No one barfs and the children are getting their lines down pat. Bet is simply amazing once she knows what she's doing. She has completely embraced both of her characters and is becoming good friends with Angelo, which needs to happen since they are the main characters.

Will loves to direct the kids. I love watching him with them. They all adore him and want to please him. I think that is one of the reasons they are all doing so well.

When director time is over, the rest of the day fly by, and it's time to head home. Harper and I walk to the Subaru and I spot something sitting on the passenger seat.

It's a bin of brownies.

Authors note

I'm back! I have no excuse for not writing for so long, but here's a chapter.

Thank you so much for over 300 reads! It means so much!

Vote, comment, and follow, thanks!😘

-heavengrace55