Chapter 10.

Zoe://

I eventually reached my house. I opened the front door and hung my coat up on the rail in the hall way. I walked into the kitchen and found my family having dinner. Yeah thanks for that.
"Oh hi Zoe, nice of you to finally join us" Joe muttered sarcastically,
"Where have you been?" My mum questioned me, obviously annoyed,
"Taking pictures of the woods" I replied,
"Well you..." My mum started, but my dad soon butted in,
"Come and sit down and I'll get you some dinner" my dad smiled,
My mum and dad had broken up for two years after my sister left for Bristol because my mum didn't want her to go and my dad said she could. This caused arguments nearly everyday, so my little brother went travelling, after two months when he got back, they had broken up completely. My mum moved out but me and joe stayed at home with dad.
I get the real me from my dad completely, his sense of humour and just the way he is, mirrors myself and Joe.
My sister gets everything from my mum. Spiteful, not caring and bullying. My sister used to pick on me and joe when we younger because we loved reading and art and she thought it was weird. My mum would always encourage her but my dad disagreed.
When Joe returned from staying with my grandparents, my mum started being nice to him and giving him all the attention but he hated it so he ignored her every move. I wondered when my turn would come when my mum loved me like she loved my siblings and when she fussed over me. But she never did.
When my mother finally gave up on sweet talking joe she then moved onto my dad again. Surprise surprise my dad fell for it and within about 6 months she had moved back in snd everything was back to normal, apart from my sister wasn't there.
My sister Fleur and her best friend Ashleigh had told me to always fit in and to be 'normal' at school. They pretty much created my popular self. And I went along with it because I was just some gullible 11 year old who fell for everything her big sister told her too. But they both found boyfriends in Bristol and decided to move there.
So that's my life now and why my mum dislikes me so much.
I sat down at the wooden table and my dad placed a roast in front of me.
"Thank you!" I said as I smiled back up at him.
"It's okay sweetheart" he said,
Sweetheart. Really? I love my dad but he babies me and wraps me up in cotton wool and the same with Joe. Joe loved it but me, not so much.
******
After dinner I thanked my dad and ran upstairs. I dived onto my bed, lent over and switched my fairy lights on, then slid my laptop out from underneath my bed. I opened it up and signed into my Facebook.
I aimlessly scrolled through my timeline and came across the cutest picture of Tanya and jim. I liked it and sighed. I wanted that. Nearly all my friends had that apart from me. I could get any of the boys but quite frankly I didn't want them. I wanted somebody special. Someone who made me feel safe.
There was only one person who I could certain makes me feel that way.
Alfie.
I wouldn't be able to post things on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr. I couldn't hang with him at school. I'd be so limited. But I didn't want anybody else. It had to be alfie.