Chapter 6.

Zoe://

It was pouring with rain outside and I was in the middle of walking home from Louise's house. It was a pretty good sleepover really but I could think of better things to be doing.
I reached into my pocket to see Tanya calling me.
Shit! I forgot to call her back this morning!
I answered my phone and smiled into the speaker;
(T=Tanya, Z=Zoe)
Z: hi yaaaa!
T: heellooo
Z: sorry I couldn't ring you back I was staying at Louise's,
When we started our two different schools me and Tanya had made a promise to never be jealous of each others new friends or just to make friends with them ourselves, it made life a lot easier.
T: oh it's okay! I was hanging out with Jim anyway... Her voice got considerably quieter at the end.
Tanya had been on about Jim for ages. They were both in the same school and obviously fancied the pants off each other.
Z: what happened?? I excited squealed,
T: we...urmm...
Z: did you kiss him? I yelled in my phone,
T: we'll... Yeah... We're together actually, he asked me outttt!
Z: OH MY GOODNESS TAN!
I was honestly so happy for her. I could tell she likes him from the first day she met him. Finally he grew a pair and asked her out!
T: eeeek I know but I'm going now Zoë, I'm just doing my makeup quick, also we need to meet soon to discuss this! How about after school on Monday?
Z: yeah of course!
But then I realised I was meeting Alfie Monday and I couldn't let him down now, plus Tanya wouldn't mind!
Z: oh wait... I can't do Monday!
T: what?? Why??
Z: I'm meeting someone.
T: who?, is it a boy?
Z: no...
I hesitantly replied...
T: oh my gawd! It so is isn't it!
Z: maybe! But don't tell anyone!
T: okay I won't!! Love you byiee!
Z: thanks tan and love you too bye!

I can't believe I just told Tanya. She's my bestest friend and I trust her with my life but she can half gossip!!
Although it felt like a weight off my shoulders and it also means that I can release my excitement to her after!
But meanwhile I just kept trudging along my street up into my gravelled drive way and up to the rusty wooden door.