Chapter 30.

Zoe://

After lunch had finished, myself, Caspar, Kian, Louise and Niomi all registered then headed to our last lesson. We walked round the side of the courtyard and heard shouting and crying for help. I recognised the voice.
My brother.
"Dillon, get off me" he cried.
I ran round and watched as he punched my brother straight in the stomach. Three boys stood there sheepishly as I glared at them. I grabbed Joseph's hand and pulled him harshly towards me.
"What are there names?" I asked whilst hugging him tight as he cried into my shoulder.
"Dillon, Toby and Oscar" he whimpered.
Caspar put his hand on his shoulder, "are you alright buddy?" He looked him straight in the eye.
"Did they hurt you?" Kian asked whilst Joe shook his head in reply to Caspar.
"They hurt me all the time" he whispered to me.
"Come with me" I said, pulling Kians arm so he came with me.
"Go to lesson guys, I'm sorting him out first" I shouted over to them all. I mean, my brother can be annoying but I love him all the same.
"No zo, it's fine" he said to me.
"It doesn't look fine to me Joseph, where are your friends?" I said sternly.
"Sam, Joshua and Harry aren't in my lesson" he tried to pull his way out of my grasp.
"Do they know that these boys do this to you"
"No, I'm not allowed to say"
I sighed. I held onto his wrist tighter and looked up at Kian. Tears formed in my eyes at the thought of this happening to my brother.
I began talking to Kian when I heard my brother talking to someone else.
"Hey, you alright?"
"Alfie" Joe smiled.
"What's up kidda?" He grinned back at him.
"Some boys were hurting me and Zoe is now taking me with her" Alfie looked at me and smiled,
"Tell me there names and they won't come near you again mate, I'm joking but seriously, don't let them hurt you" Alfie said as he patted his back.
"See ya later Alfie" Joe called after him.
"Bye buddy"
Alfie turned round and winked at me.
To be honest, it hurt not being able to kiss or hug him but right now, I need to look after Joseph.
******
I was sat outside the head of year sevens office with Joe on my right and Kian on my left.
"Come on in" a voice spoke outside the classroom.
Mr Jordan seemed nice enough I guess? We walked in and sat down in the chairs opposite him.
Joe explained from the start what was happening and tears streamed down my face. I love my brother. I have to protect him more.
******
The bell went signalling the end of the day and I had to keep a close eye on Joe whilst Mr Jordan talked to Dillan, Toby and Oscar.
He walked right by my side, all the way to the buses. We carried on through the croud until I heard it.
"Ooiii! Dickhead"
"Think your cool, getting your hot, popular sister to protect you"
I span around, keeping tight hold of him. Marcus, Louis, Caspar and Connor all heard too.
"Excuse me?" I said whilst raising an eyebrow at the boy in front of me who, if I'm correct, goes by the name of Dillan.
"I-I- um he's..."
"Carry on Dillan because I'm waiting for a hell of a lot more than that explanation right now"
"If you think it's okay, to go round picking on people, then you couldn't be more wrong, Joe is, better looking, more intelligent and funnier than you, if you can't deal with that, then try and work on your self instead of bringing him down" Marcus sternly said to the three boys that we're currently gorping at the reply they just got back.
They turned and walked off.
"Thank you" Joe muttered to Marcus and I.
"It's alright, it's just dawned on me that... I do the same..." Marcus whispered.
I let out a sigh. We climbed onto the bus after hugging Connor and the others goodbye. Louis, Marcus, Joseph and me all sat at our usual table.
"I wish I could stay in your group" Joe said to us all.
"You can little squirt" louis laughed.
We all ended up laughing until we finally reached our stop home.
******
I, luckily, had just finished getting changed and doing makeup and hair again when my mum called me down stairs.
My cast was now decorated with about 100 people's signatures, the joys of being popular.
"Zo, could you leave for a bit, I need to talk to Joe alone darling"
"Of course, I'm going to meet Tanya, Jim, Alfie, Connor and Kian now anyway so see ya later" I smiled towards her.
"Thank you for looking after him today, bye love" she chimed as I walked out of the door, slamming it shut after me. I breathed a sigh of relief. I can't wait to see them all now.