Chapter 50. (Woah.)

Zoe://
My mum and dad had gone to get a coffee although I knew that it was just because they needed a break from sitting with Joseph.
I was on a plastic chair with Alfie on another one by my side.
"My bums going numb" I complained as I shuffled around on the seat.
Alfie got up and walked over to a huge squishy (Miranda sings voice) chair, he then pulled it over next to Joseph and pushed his plastic chair to the side and sat down. He patted his lap to show me that he wanted me to sit down. I plonked down on top of him and he cradled me like a baby as I tucked my head into his muscly shoulder that was extremely comfortable to sleep on. Not that I was going to sleep until I knew that my brother was okay and safe.
"He will be okay you know" Alfie whispered before planting a kiss on my cheek. I simply sighed and cuddled in even more, if that was possible.
******
I woke up still in Alfie's embrace to the sound of coughing. I turned round in my seat and saw him. His eyes just slightly open with an oxygen mask still on. I looked around and the door swung open with doctors rushing in.
I just watched with wide eyes, I kept completely still even with Alfie shuffling underneath me as he woke up.
"Joseph?" I questioned, in a loud whisper.
"Is he okay?" Alfie murmured. I didn't reply.
The doctors crowded round him. The coughing had stopped and his heart rate had turned back to normal. I watched it carefully, thanking him for staying strong.
"Zoe" I heard him shout.
"It's okay Joseph" I called. The doctors stepped away after stabilising him. They all walked out, giving me sympathetic smiles on there way.
"Zoe, what happened?" A tear trickled down his cheek.
"You got hit by a car" I sighed and turned to Alfie.
"Baby, please can you go and get mum and dad?" I asked, to which he nodded and stood up, before walking out and shutting the door behind him.
"Charlie, is he alright?" He jumped slightly at the thought.
"Yeah, yeah, yes, he's fine" I weakly smiled.
"Are you hurting anywhere?" I questioned softly.
"Yeah, my neck hurts and my arm I'm guessing is broken because it hurts like hell"
"He's awake!" I heard my Mum call to my Dad outside the room.
Joe smiled, "Dads here".
They both trotted in and hugged him tight. Alfie came in just after I sat back on his lap again.
"Are you feeling alright buddy?" Alfie asked him.
"Ye, this beds really uncomfortable though" he complained.
"You'll be out of here in no time" Alfie ruffled his hair making him laugh and push him off.
"Can I see Charlie?" He asked Mum.
"I can go and get him for you" Alfie suggested.
"Yes please Alf, that would be lovely" my mum replied to him.
He put his hands on my hips and gently pushed me off his lap before kissing my cheek and going out to get Charlie.
******
A few minutes later, Alfie came back whilst helping Charlie with his crutches.
"Oh my god!" Joes eyes widened as he saw the stitches on Charlie's head and the foot cast on his leg.
"Are you alright?" I questioned him as he walked in.
"Yeah, I'm fine" his side smile came into place.
"Are you okay Joe?" Charlie asked him.
"Yeah I'm fine, a broken arm and all the muscles in my neck pulled I think because it hurts a lot and I didn't wake up for a while" he sighed.
"Maybe we won't try penny boarding again then" Charlie chuckled.
"Well find a new hobby" Joe chuckled back.
I felt Alfie gently stroking my hair and tucking it behind my ears. I slightly smiled and leant into his chest abut more.
"I love you" I whispered, I'd be surprised if he could even hear me.
"I love you too" me kisses the top of my head and wrapped his arms round me.
"When can we go home?" My brother questioned my Dad.
"Your both staying in for two nights and three days boys and you will be glad to know that you have no school for a week and a half" he laughed and both boys grinned at each other.
"Can we stay off school too?" I groaned.
"You can't, no" my Dad confirmed.
I pulled a sulking face causing Alfie to laugh.
"Schools not too bad" he shrugged.
"Well..." I raised my eyebrows, "if you think that then great, good for you" I laughed, causing a chain of giggles.
"We need to get going soon darling" my Mum announced.
"It's almost four o'clock" she added.
"Okay, I love you brother" I stroked his hair and kissed his head.
"I will come after school tomorrow to see you dude" I winked as he pushed me away, shaking his head and laughing.
After we all said goodbye to Joseph and Charlie and left them playing card games, we began to drive back home, myself and Alfie went back with Alfie's mum whilst my Mum and Dad went in my Dads car.
I sat close to Alfie for the whole journey back whilst still talking to Poppy and Phoebe, I felt abnormally nervous and my hands were shaking slightly.
We pulled up in the drive and I signalled for Alfie to be quick getting out as I was sat in the middle.
My breathing was getting heavier and more out of control.
"Are you okay?" Alfie asked me, helping me out of the car.
"I... Don't know" a tear trailed down my face.
"Let's go behind my house" he grabbed my hand and led me behind his house. I slumped down in a crying heap, Alfie simply looked at me, not knowing what to do.
"I don't know what's happening" I cried, feeling more helpless than ever.
"It's okay Zoe, just take deep breathes, in......and out" he instructed. I copied him, my hands shaking with fear at what was happening to me.
******
After about 20 minutes my breathing had completely calmed down and I had stopped crying. I lead with my head on Alfie's lap and the rest of me lead in between his legs.
"Everyone's going to be wondering where we are Alf" I sighed.
"It doesn't matter, I have my phone and nobody's rang so it's okay" he stroked my hair gently.
"Was that a panic attack?" I whispered to him.
"I think so baby" he replied.
"I'm so scared of my sister" I openly admitted to him, I needed to get everything off my chest and that was first.
"I know that you are, she won't hang about for long now that the fuss isn't on her and that our brothers and getting all the attention" he raised his eyebrows at me and smiled.
"Let's go back to yours" he decided.
"Okay" I simply replied.
******
We stepped inside my house and everything was silent.
"Mum!" I shouted, "Dad!" I carried on.
"It's just me Zoe" my sister said quietly, "I'm leaving now" she sighed.
"Why? Where's mum and dad?" I questioned.
"They have gone to get electric and petrol" she answered, "I'm going back to Bristol with Fleur".
"Oh ok" I simply replied and carried on helping Alfie walk up the stairs.
"Bye Zoe and Alfie" she called up the stairs.
"Bye Sis" I called back.
"Bye Ashleigh" Alfie called.
I have Alfie a weird look and we both laughed slightly.
"Now Joseph will be happy" I giggled.
"Yeup" he pouted and I kissed his lips.
"Once Joseph's better, everything will be nearly good again, Ella's gone, my sister and her friend have gone, the twins are safe and your even more perfect, and my Dads back and hopefully my Mums mood will change now they're gone" I spoke.
He nodded along, "it will, it's all good now, well, nearly".

a/n
I'm really struggling with this story now:-( :-(.
Thank you all for reading, ily all so much,
Georgia. Xx