Chapter 52. (Five years later...)

(Now 20)
Zoe://
"Today's the day!" I grinned at myself in the mirror, as I slid on a few bangles and bracelets.
"Ralph?!" I called, "Maria?!" I shouted again across my apartment. They both walked in, all dressed and ready to go.
"I'm not sure I'm ready" i whimpered, they both frowned at me then smiled.
"Zoe, you will be just fine, trust me" Ralph grinned as he leant on his side.
Today is the first day, I'm travelling two hours to go to a reunion party with everyone from high school. Including Alfie. It's been five years and I haven't seen him in 3, after school we stayed together for two years until his Grandad who lives in Australia became ill and they had to go to stay over there... And decided to move permanently. So we put our relationship on a break and haven't been in contact since.
After this happened, I moved out. I moved two hours away into a flat opposite the sea with my gay best friend Ralph and girl best friend Maria.
I broke apart from Niomi and Louise when I moved but myself, Tanya and Meredith stayed close.
I rarely see anyone else apart from Marcus, who went to my college.
My brother and Charlie are both in their last year at school and last month they came out as gay, a week later they both announced their relationship, which I could not be happier about. I still make YouTube videos weekly, and that is still growing day by day and I am so thankful for it too.
"Zoe!" Maria called, "your going to be late". I turned round and looked at them.
"I'm terrified" I covered my face with my hands and sighed.
"Please have a good time and socialise with everyone" Ralph laughed and gently shoved me towards the door, handing me my bag at the same time.
"I love you both, goodbye!" I sarcastically grinned, laughing, I headed out the door.
******
I was about 10 minutes away, according to the satnav, when my phone began ringing.
'Niomi', I hesitantly clicked answer and waited for her to speak.
"Zoe" a whispered voice spoke.
"Niomi, are you okay?" I replied.
"Are you still coming today?" I could tell that her voice was shaking.
"Yeah, I'm like 10 minutes away, are you? I thought you said that you were?" I questioned.
"I am, but, can you meet me quickly?"
"Of course, Rosewood cafe?" I suggested.
"Ur, um, just, yeah, that's fine, bye" she immediately ended it, leaving me more confused than ever.
******
Around eight minuets later I pulled up outside. I looked around for Niomis car but found nothing.
"Zoe?" I heard a voice shout. I looked over and my mouth dropped open.
Niomi stood with bags under her eyes and tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Are you okay? I've missed you so much" I ran up to her and hugged her tightly, letting my bag fall to the ground as I wrapped my weak arms round her.
"I'm scared, my life's fall in apart" he balled her eyes out into my shoulder.
"I just got kicked out of my flat today and I haven't got a job yet, after collage, my parents moved to America and I stayed here. But then I couldn't find a job and now I have no flat and no... Marcus" I felt her body go slightly limp as she whimpered to me.
"Right, we're gonna go over there to that shop, get you a dress, I will do your makeup and then were going to go and get Marcus and Alfie back" I stated and she quickly looked up to me.
"Alfie and you broke up!" Her eyes nearly popped out her head. I nodded sadly as we began to walk towards Miss Selfridge.
******
Myself and Niomi were now ready to go, twenty minutes late. She was wearing a black and white chequered jumpsuit and black converse. I had done her makeup and she had now finally stopped crying.
"Let's go, fashionably late and all that" I giggled.
She grinned and we set off.
******
We pulled up outside and I took a deep breath before swinging open my car door, grabbing my bad and hopping out.
"I am SO god damn nervous to go in and see everyone" I said, my hands shaking slightly at the thought of it.
"Come on, let's go" Niomi weakly smiled. I linked her arm and we started walking towards the door.
I pushed it open and looked around. Everyone had turned their heads to the door were we were stood. I studied every face.
Meredith, Caspar, Louise, Ingrid, Tanya, Jim, Josh, Colleen, Grace, Matt, Louis, Kian, Connor, Marcus and ...Alfie.
Meredith and Louise immediately stood up and ran over to engulf us both in a hug.
"I've missed you both so much" I sighed as we cuddled into eachother.
"Zoe, You need to talk to Alfie" Louise whispered as we released from the hug.
"I will...defiantly will" I smirked and turned towards the group. Everyone was back to their conversations.
"Niomi, let's go and talk to the boys now" I puffed out my cheeks and we looked over, just to see that they were staring, all googley eyed at us.
"Alfie"
"Marcus"
We called at the same time. Alfie pushed his chair back and walked over to stand opposite me.
We didn't talk.
Not a word.
We simply stood there staring into each others eyes until I couldn't handle it anymore. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.
I heard aw's around the room but I simply squeezed my eyes shut and buried my head into him and he held me tight.
Everything I had dreamt for over the last two years had happened. I was finally back in his arms. And it felt, amazing.
I sighed and released him from our hug.
Tears flew down my cheek as he smiled slightly.
"I've missed you so much" I cried.
"I'm so sorry I lost your number" he looked down at him feet. His eyes welling up too.
"We have a lot to catch up on" I smiled slightly and he nodded whilst taking my hand and pulling me towards the table and chairs. We both sat down and immediately sank into a convocation that I had been craving for ever. We talked about everything. Holidays. Friends. Collage.
I've missed him so much.
******
I had spoken to everyone, it had been the most amazing day catching up with everyone.
Marcus and Niomi had seen attached at the hip for the whole night. It felt like year 12 all over again.
We each talked about what we had been doing over the last five years and what we were planning to do in the future.
We only had half an hour left but I felt so stupidly tired which made me feel slightly panicky.
"I'm gonna quickly go outside" I whispered to Alfie, Marcus and Meredith. I stood up shakily and headed for the side fire exit door.
I slowly sat down on a bench and began to try and control my breathing a bit more.
"It's okay Zo" I heard a voice say and a hand touch my shoulder.
"Alfie" I whispered.
"Little one, I love you" he whispered as he sat down next to me. I turn my head around and tried to hide my gasp. I looked him straight in the eye before leaning in for a kiss.
As soon as our lips touched, I knew that I was never going to leave his side again. Ever.
"Your the best thing that's ever happened to me and I love you so much" I spoke calmly once we finally broke apart.
I cuddled into his arms and took in his scent as I watched the rest of the outside world lye still.

A/n,
Thank you all so much for 16+k, Ily all a lot,
Thanks for sticking with me through my rubbish updates,
Georgia. Xx