Chapter 35.

Alfie://

I carried her out of the police car and into her house. I led her down on the sofa and she cuddled into me, still crying and shaking.
"It's okay zo" I whispered to her.
The police and Zoe's mum sat down on the seats opposite us.
Suddenly there were knocks at the door. I felt Zoe freeze in my arms and her breathing quickened desperately.
Zoe's mum opened the door and in walked my mum and Joes dad.
"Zoe, I am so so sorry" my mum cried.
"It's okay" Zoe whispered, barely audible. She buried her head in my lap and I cradled her in my arms.
"It's not okay, your so brave and young and I'm incredibly sorry that I didn't see him like this before" Joes dad spoke softly.
I heard the door creak from behind them and Charlie and Joseph walked in.
"Why are th- ZOE" Joe cried as he ran over to us and put his arms round his sister. Zoe sat up and hugged him back, he wiped away the tears from under her eyes and pushed a bit of hair out of her face. He then asked the question that everyone, even myself, was too scared to ask.
"Are you okay? What happened?" He said it with such love and protectiveness. Joseph quickly looked up at me and I shook my head, not really knowing what to reply.
"Love you sis" he rubbed her hair and walked away with Charlie, most likely on his way to his bedroom.

Zoe://
I was not mentally or physically prepared for what my brother asked me. I loved him for having the courage to ask but I couldn't bare to even think about it again yet.
I looked up from Alfie's lap and straight into the police officers eye.
"Please can I have a shower and get changed?" I whispered.
"Of course" he gently replied.
I slowly stood up and grabbed Alfie's hand. I dragged him towards my room and bathroom with me, simply too scared to be alone again.
So much for the popular girl. Or the other girl. Now there was no front put on. No fake me.
This is the real me.
******
I pulled on some jack wills leggings and a grey vest then a jack wills jumper and some fluffy socks. I deliberately tried to cover up my bruises and marks, I was scared of being looked at as attention seeking or fake. For once in my life I was properly scared. It didn't matter which character I was playing, I will always be terrified.
I walked out the bathroom and Alfie was sat on my bed.
"Are you alright? You look gorgeous" he complemented me.
"Thank you" I replied, avoiding the first question.
"We need to go back down stairs" I muttered, he swung his muscular legs over the side of my bed and slowly stood up. He took my hand in his but still managing to be gentle with me.
I trudged down my stairs, still gripping Alfie's hand tightly.
I walked into my living room and sat down on the sofa then continued to let out a sigh.
"We need to know what happened" the police man spoke gently.
"I know, I'll tell you" I replied quietly.
I explained the whole thing, how he broke my arm and Alfie saved me to when he kidnapped me. By the end of my ramble everyone was sat there in tears with their mouths hanging open.
The whole time I was talking Alfie held onto me and cuddled into my shoulder as the police wrote down things on their notepads.
"Thank you Zoe" he said.
"It's okay" I muttered back, a tear trickled down my cheek and fell onto Alfies arm.
He immediately poked his head up and kissed my cheek gently.
"We need to get off to another case now but we will need interviews and you will have phone calls about what happens to Joe, but for now he will remain in the under 18 prison so don't worry, Zoe, I also really advice you to go to this support group that your mum has the number of, it will help you considerably" I nodded as he spoke and smiled slightly.
"Thank you so much" I waved them off as we chanted goodbyes to each other.
"You okay?" Alfie whispered in my ear.
"Meh" I huffed.
"Disney films and a sleepover? If your mum will let us of course" Alfie said, hinting to my mum who listened in as well.
"My love, you can stay as long as you like" my mum replied to him sweetly.
"Thanks" I smiled and grabbed about 10 Disney movies from the sitting/living room.
"Thank god I have you" I sighed as I stared Alfie in the eye for a moment.
"Thank god I have you" he said, enphisizing the you.
******
We were led down on my bed in our pyjamas and him in boxers, under the covers watching beauty and the beast. (Don't judge it's my fav ahah)
I was near off asleep when he turned the tv off and turned out the lamp light. He then went on to kiss my forehead and whisper,
"Good night my little princess one"