C3P10 - A good throw...

Lavender stirred, and she had good reason to: this was the 7'th day in her bubble-gum themed alphabetical Christmas advent calendar, and she was expecting to get her favourite flavour – grape. She had her handmade record of her previous flavours in her purse, and you'll see what she landed on instead:

Apple. Boysenberry. Cranberry. Dairy-free dough (as in 'cookie dough'). Egg (it's a furry thing). Fuckin' shit (we don't talk about that flavour). Guava.

Guava.

Fucking guava.

"Mike," She popped a greenish bubble obnoxiously.

At the mouth of the storm-drain, the lion grumbled inaudible things to himself as he paced back and forth. It was hard to tell the time of day in a one-coloured sky with a single, infinite abyss of cloud. A pale and sickeningly grey ambience seemed to creep its way across everything. Even the darkness of the drain - where our two bully antagonists have taken refuge in this gathering blizzard – felt depressing. Frozen plants crunched like glass under Mike's fat footsteps. He said 'fuckin' a few times – which echoed past Lavender and was swallowed by the storm-drain's depth - but not much else he said could be understood by the white cat, even if she gave enough of a shit to listen.

"I rarely use please in a sentence, but can you please stop mumbling about Fetch, it's giving me a headache." She dragged her phone out of her pocket...

...but to her disgust it was dead. Fully flat, despite being fully charged only minutes ago.

She groaned, "Of course. As if being stuck out here with you isn't bad enough, now I can't even comment on Grace's post's that-" she explained what she was going to comment, but it was too mean – and I mean really mean - for me to even include in the story.

Mike stopped and his mane followed in suit. "Holy fuck that's mean...

Lavender spat her gum at his feet.

"... but I'd love to see her reaction to that. Here, let me have a try." The lion sat down with her in the drain, each of them leaning their backs against opposite sides of the wall. Mike took Lavender's phone and shook it as if that could possibly work. Lavender tried not to grin from the green gum now stuck to his foot.

"Mike, why are we even in a park's storm-drain right now? You promised me we'd be throwing rocks at Twig's house."

"That was until I saw his post of him hanging out with the Skimmer's."

"Ew, you mean that picture of Dusk trying to fit his own paw down his throat?

Mike chuckled and he quickly made out as if he was coughing. "Yeah. Stupid. Anyways, here we are."

Lavender snorted. "Huh, some fucking idea this was. I can't feel my ass."

"Then you should have worn anything other than a short skirt. Plus, I my cast off this morning, and what better way to celebrate getting my leg back than beating the brown off of Fetch once he tries to leave?"

"Ohh so that's why your leg has no fur. I thought you were just trying something different."

"It was broken, remember? ... the doctors had to shave it..." his eyebrows furrowed. "Have you seriously not looked up from your phone in the past month to notice I had a broken leg?

"Mikey, you look like a chicken."

"Shut up, don't call me Mikey," he breathed. "-and we're not here for fuckin'... chickens, we're here for lizards."

She popped another bubble and smirked. "I'm glad we're not here for 'fucking chickens', Mikey."

The lion rolled his eyes, then went red as the sudden thought of chickens slowly drifted into similar thoughts that featured his ex-boyfriend... he sighed, hating that he didn't despite that amber-eyed bastard for stealing Fetch away from him that night... but then again, Dusk was a difficult fur for many – even him – to really despise.