C2P16 - Abandoned

"Twig..." Mike began, his messy maned face expressing no emotion other than pure resentment.

The green lizard sat on a stool in the middle of the room. In fact, the room was his own bedroom.

Mike and Lavender had made a habit of using his house as a get together point in order to come up with ways of taking down the skimmers. Each of them seemed to bear a specific part during the planning for most of their devious schedules.

Mike's job was pretty upfront. He would threaten the skimmers, recruit furs to go against them using bribes and threats of violence. And most of all try to take down Fetch and Rust down in any way he could.

Fistfight, stand-offs, even gunfights. Any of them he would have been more then happy to do if it meant getting a shot to take down the dynamic duo.

Twig knew about Lavender's job and hated everything about it because it resembled herself so perfectly.

Her job was to get the school against the skimmers or frame them or whatever she was in the mood to do via social media. Furstagram, Muzzlebook, she dominated them all with a strongly followed account by the name of 'Gloss-Tailxx'.

'Hm,' Twig thought to himself with dull amusement. 'Even her account names are bitchy'.

Twig himself, however, bared no specific job at all. He was pretty much the footstool to the group. He would be forced to act as a wingman for Mike and slip dangerous chemicals into people drinks at school to get them to be sick for the next few days. Just a habit that Mike had, both because it benefited the group according to the lion, and particularly because he liked to do so. He had also been a private photographer for Lavender, scouting pictures of girls in other classes doing dumb stuff so that she would be able to shame them in every way possible in front of all of their friends.

It was weird to think that an app could be just as ruthless as front-on violence.

Mike's mouth twitched a little, trying to find the correct wording in his head that wouldn't make him rage by saying it.

"So you're saying..." He bit down softly into his arm.

"That some... what was it, Lavender? Some fucking 'demon-fur' knows that we've kidnapped the most popular boy in the grade?" He spat out.

That hadn't been the best way of saying it for Mike's attitude.

How would Twig respond to that? Just nod? That would get him a slap. What about an apology? No, that wouldn't cut it either.

"As weird as it sounds." The green lizard began, careful with his words as well.

"That is exactly what I'm saying." He finished casually, unintentionally shrugging as if it would help his body language in any way.

Lavender rolled her eyes from Twig's bed, running her purple-painted nails delicately along the smooth fabric of his personal pillow, almost seductively.

"What did I tell you, Mike? He's a lying little scale-face. I bet he just chickened out and confessed it to someone." She purred, trying to set Mike loose on Twig. It had always been a guilty pleasure of hers to see that strong lion mess up that little lizard.

Mike began to march around the room, racking his brain desperately for a solution. After a while of ominous silenced mixed with crazed muttering and obscene gestures only he could recognise his thoughts locked onto something.

His golden head cocked up and he stopped. Twig could tell that Mike hadn't come up with a plan in any way, he was just going with what felt logical. And he could see the look of uncertainty in his eyes, and of course the odd spark of desperation here and there.