C1P12 - Blood under bar-stools

Rust POV-

"Heath et op he" I heard Fetch's voice mumbled from under the covers, more correctly under me, I lifted my chest and lay next to him, and he took a deep breath of fresh air, which made me chuckle a little with embarrassment, embarrassed at the events of last night. What happened, at what I had done, or tried to do with my best friend.

"I was going to say 'please get off me' but that will do." He chuckled with his slightly crooked smile, which made me smile as well, he was obviously trying to break the tension.

"So..." I started, hesitating a little then gesturing to Fetch in case he knew where to go in conversation, he sat up against the wall on the side of the bed to face me, making an attempt to cover his lower region. I tried to stick to my mind instead of my instincts and keep my eyes on his eyes, shimmering slightly with the constant ocean blue they seemed to maintain.

"So, can you please tell me more about this whole.... imprinting, thing." He asked, his smile fading away slightly, I rubbed my head awkwardly, making a slight 'um' as I tried to gather the words in my head.

"Well, um... it's like having a longing to think of you as a mate, but..." I cleared my throat to make my next word clear.

"Stronger."

"Stronger?" He asked, cocking his head slightly, which would have made his ear bend down slightly if it wasn't already bent, he never really told me why it was like that in the first place, but his past had always been a mystery.

"Like being away from you for a while is painful for me, it's like an itch, and doing things like...what we did, relieves me... a lot," I said cautiously, trying not to make him mad even though I knew that he wouldn't get into that state, we Skimmers were taught how to keep under control.

"Please tell me that this is some kind of joke, or prank, or anything. Please tell me that you are going to pull out a camera and go 'haha get wrecked bro' and then waltz back off to your normal straight life." He sighed, I laughed slightly as his remark, then shook my head at him, which made him lean back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Fuck." He mumbled, shaking his head in denial.

"I'm really sorry." I put.

"It's fine, it isn't your fault, I just don't want to end up screwing around with you on a nightly basis, I mean. As hot as you, you're still my best friend." He said, sadly but also with a hint of his classic humour.

"Besides, I already have someone in my sights for dating." He sighed with a shrug. I felt my chest tense at what he said and my heart throbbed slightly with pain.

"Oh." I managed, trying not to let the pain in my chest make my voice tremble. I was confused why it was there, but I needed to leave. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Fetch, especially now with the relationship my condition had given us.

I sat with my back facing him and slid my trousers on, careful not to get the fur caught into the belt.

"I should be going now," I said with a smile, it was more difficult then I expected, I guess leaving him would be harder than it usually was now that I was imprinted with them. He shrugged casually and took the hint and began to get dressed as well, I felt like slapping myself for the constant glances I was giving to his muscle ripped body, I wasn't gay, I was sure of it. But something about him got my attention, and I hoped that that thing would be temporary.

I walked out of his house and got in my car to drive to the pub, I didn't really need a drink but it was always fun making new friends there. After around half an hour of empty roads and country town sights, I finally arrived and walked in. Everyone in the bar was watching the cricket game except one wolf at the bar by himself. So I went and sat next to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, he turned his head around and sighed as he saw me, his eyes a unique amber colour.

"You are probably the last *hic* person I want to see *hic* right now." He muttered then turned his head back around, I sat next to him anyway and noticed that his chest was covered in blood, with tears in the fabric of his jumper.

"You're bleeding, you know that right?" I said with concern.

"I *hic* know. I can't even *hic* feel it anymore." He responded, clearly piss drunk. He closed his eyes then rubbed his head. Holding the table with one paw to stabilise himself. I looked beneath his stool and saw a puddle of his own blood gathered at the bottom.

"You need to get to a hospital, your bleeding out," I exclaimed then tried to help him out of the stool but he pulled away from my grip, resuming his drunken state.

"Leave me *hic* alone." He growled.

"You are going to die, I can't let that happen to yourself."

"It's about time *hic* that I did. Let it happen. Let me *hic* end the pain." He sighed and took another sip of his drink.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled and punched him clean across the face with one paw. Knocking him off the stool and to the ground. I shook my paw and took my phone out to dial an ambulance.

"911 what's your emergency."

"I need an ambulance to dry-stone pub, a wolf, I think... I think he's been attacked or something. Just send someone, please. But keep him knocked out until he recovers, so he can't pull the plug on himself. Send therapy as well."

"Will send right away, you need to calm down sir. What is your name?"

"Rust... Rust Talonmock."

"And what do you know about Fetch Grey?"

"I... why do you need to know that?"

"Answer the question sir"

"I... we..."

"Answer the question now."

"Y-you're scaring me."

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

The call ended as the ambulances arrived.

God, I'm slow at updates. -Nuz