C1P9 - The Wolf-Brothers

We knocked.

The apartment door opened a few seconds later and a German shepherd with ocean blue eyes emerged he was a bit shorter then Vincent yet there was no intimidation in those eyes. They stared at each other, and even though they had never met they both snarled with hatred, staring directly at each other, Vincent's eyes began to glow with red and Fetch readied turned his paws into fists by his side. I stood back a little, confused.

"Um, we're here to pick up Dusk," I said, clearing my throat which snapped them both out of their trance. Fetch nodded, confused what had just happened as well, then called out for Dusk who appeared a few seconds later.

"Vincent?" He said, startled of the wolf's appearance, they looked almost identical, except Dusk's eyes shun with amber instead of crimson. Vincent ran up and hugged him tightly.

"Long time no see little bro." He chuckled, squeezing the air out of Dusk, I tried not to laugh.

"Little bro? I was born 6 minutes after you." Dusk laughed, finally getting out of Vincent's grip and punching him in the chest playfully. Fetch looked down shuffling his feet awkwardly, occasionally giving glances to the two, Vincent was giving him glances as well, filled with the same hate from earlier.

"We need to head off, thanks for having him Fetch." Vincent said, struggling with the 'thanks' and pulling Dusk by the scruff to the car who waved shyly at Fetch.

Vincent forcefully put his pedal to the metal and drove off without hesitation, speeding away from the house.

"What the hell was all that about? I thought you and Fetch haven't met." I said harshly at Vincent, who was shaking his head in doubt.

"I want you guys to stay away from him from now on ok?" He said with concern. Looking back at me and Dusk.

"Why?" Dusk asked quietly, Vincent shifted his gaze back to the road, I don't think I had ever seen him this stressed before.

"It's hard to explain but just stay away from him, something about him isn't natural." He said with a sigh, Dusk looked away for a while until I broke the silence.

"Did you know that we're dating?" I asked him and his head whirled around, his amber eyes widened.

"Your gay bro!?" He exclaimed loudly, Vincent grinned and nodded slightly.

"So Dusk, are you a demon like Vin?" I asked trying to make conversation and he shook his head.

"Nope, Vin got the demon half, I'm just an inbred." He said, it was almost a sigh.

"You're more than that bro," Vin said from the front seat looking back at his brother and through the mirror to see if he was being heard.

Dusk just shrugged and looked out the window, he really was the shy type. Which was unusual for a wolf, with his black fur and muscle packed body anyone could mistake him for a jock, but he was more than that I guess. Part of me wondered if he was gay but I dismissed the thought, realising that I was making assumptions too quickly.

"Hey you just missed the turn," I said looking out the window and Vin shrugged with a smile.

"Oh, I'm not dropping you off at your stepdads just so you can get abused again and then walk it off the next day like the sexy hero you are, you're staying with me tonight." He laughed with a wink and I blushed with excitement.

"What about Dusk though?" I asked, which made him laugh.

"I have a couch." He responded. And then he put his pedal to the gas and we laughed the way back, cheering like little kids.