AUTHOR'S NOTES

These are just details behind the story-writing process. Feel free to skip by if you aren't interested.

This story most likely began sometime in the middle of 2018. It was first intended as a sequel to my first ever furry story called 'Enemy or a crush', following Kevin and Vincent's love story over a camping trip. That whole chunk of writing was lost forever thanks to a faulty school computer.
There were a few hit or miss versions before hand, the earliest of which involved a rip off of nuke-town from COD as it's main plot. These revolved into earlier years, and I first conceptualised writing this story after reading 'Camp Furry' by Ronny Redfox as a 12 year old.

Chapter 1 finished roughly a month later, still in 2018.

Chapter 2 finished a little less than a year later, middle of 2019.

Then I had a bit of an existential crisis and deleted my NuzzleWorthy account. Which really sucked because TLWH had 74k views back then which was really hard to get in non-smut furry writing.

At the start of 2020 (or possibly the very end of 2019), NuzzleWorthy was remade and back on the market. With parts gradually being uploaded over time.

Chapter three finished in June 2022. How cool is that? This is a literal furry novel already.

As for inspirations, several of my characters are loosely inspired by media I've grown up with.

Rust Talonmock's character arc, was inspired by the dark past of Nick Wilde from zootopia - especially the scene in which he is muzzled by bullies. His name came out of my own envy of another Furry story on Wattpad, in which the main character has a fox best friend called 'Russel' who I absolutely loved.

Fetch's time powers came from hours and hours of me playing the video game "SUPERHOT". His power of shifting through the bodies of other furs is an attempted replica of one of the game character's abilities. His time powers - although not realised until much later after writing them - are artistically styled and written similar to powers in the "Quantum Break" video game.

WAKE, as a scary, omnipotent and morally corrupt facility, was an idea that I had loosely pondered about, but was driven into official writing by from the 'Hawken's lab' in "Stranger Things". And no, Fetch was not based off Eleven.

The 'Skimmers' as a group dynamic fighting against evil omnipotent, was directly inspired by 'The Loser's Club' from Stephen King's "It".

Kevin, as a character, was my fursona back when I first got into Furry Writing. He is my very first character, and by far my favourite. This is probably why he hauls so much plot armour throughout the story. Kevin was inspired purely by the fact that I love how raggedy and dishevelled coyotes look, and I felt that it kind of resembled with my messy-ass hair.

Vincent was purely based from all the 'big strong boyfriend' characters I see floating around furry stories.

Dusk was based off a dude I liked hanging out with back in the day.

When The Love We Hide was first in the works, it was purely to express myself. I was very insecure back then.

Now, as a fresh adult, with handsome habits and fancy words up my sleeves, I've turned this into my chance to unleash one of the most kickass anthro romances that a reader could ever want. And the best part it: it's all secret. No one knows about this, or who I really am, except for you guys and these wacky characters that I've brewed up. Our little secret, so don't tell a soul, will ya?

The scaffold for a rewrite has already been prepared. Time will tell how many changes I'll need to make to this story.

Thanks for reading.