C3P4 - Jace

Twig had been in a hospital bed for around three weeks. That's 21 whole days that he couldn't remember.

When he had at last woken up, the air had grown cold outside the hospital and the doctors were quickly telling him that he had been in a coma since he had been taken there three weeks ago. He wasn't freaking out, he had understood he was a coma about one week in.

The lizard had been floating around his own subconscious every now and then, he couldn't remember almost anything about it now, but there were some things about that state he could recall:

He remembered looking down into the black void to see his body made out of a black crystal, translucent and bent into rough edges to portray a messy version of his body. There was a glow, as well, a red glow pulsing from his stomach. It hurt a bit. No, it hurt a lot.

It was all so confusing from where he lay, nestled into his own mind, completely alone. Until one day he wasn't alone anymore, there was another fur made of crystal who appeared and kneeled down next to his dark body.

This fur was glowing a bright blue that was almost comforting for Twig, he longed for some company after all.

The fur was saying words that weren't coming out as echoes around the black abyss like the others were, these were words that he could understand.

"Twig, it's me, Fetch." The fur had said as he rested his paw upon Twig's arm. Blue light began to pulse through the lizard's black body and he felt relaxed, the pain from his stomach was easing away as the red pulse was washed away by the blue.

"You're going to be alright, might need to be in a wheelchair for a while though, crutches if you're lucky. Anyways I got you a Christmas present. I know it's not much but I heard you were a sucker for candy canes so I bought you a whole packet." Fetch said with a chuckle. The chuckle echoed around the abyss for a bit.

Twig wanted to respond, he really wanted to say 'thank you' to the blue entity that kneeled beside him. No words came out of his mouth though, he simply wasn't capable of controlling his body yet.

But somehow the entity understood, it's blue crystal face formed a smile and Fetch leaned close to him.

"No problem." It had said.

Twig had woken up a few weeks before Christmas. He didn't remember anything at the time, but as soon as he saw the candy canes next to him on the bedside table, everything rushed back to him. The green lizard had gotten up out of bed and tried to leave the room, he only made it a few steps before he fell on the ground in agony and began to clutch his stomach, fresh blood being soaked up by the bandage.

That's right. He had thought grimly. The masked hyena shot me.

He learned his lesson from the medical staff, who provided him crutches which took off the strain of walking so that he didn't put tension on his stomach. And he had been walking with them ever since with a bandage weaved around his scrawny torso in case his wound was to bleed.

Twig wanted to go and meet Fetch but transport wasn't easy, besides, he had no clue where the Skimmer would be or live and was too shy to ask about it. His heroic persona had flaked away the moment the bullet had entered his body, and since he had felt like the same scared little reptile he really was. He felt like 'Twig', instead of 'Jace'.

So Twig had decided to grab a smoothie one day and sat in the park, processed goods were great for his stomach, cold ones weren't, but come on you have to have some fun right?

The delicate snow in the air landed on top of his beanie as his green eyes stared at absolutely nothing, probably into the same abyss that he kept thinking about.