C2P10 - Reaching down for stones

Fetch POV-

I tried to focus. Concentrate on Rust before I began forgetting things about him, forgetting all of the small things bundles together to make up his irresistible personality.

But concentrating was difficult as teenagers yelped around me in the cafeteria. They were obviously talking about some new trend that would expire in a few days, but by the racket they were making it could have just as easily been the sounds of a school-sized-rodeo.

I sat alone. Despite the offers I was getting for seating, I needed time to think to myself.

Rust was gone, it was an obvious fact now. There were posters that someone had hung up (other than me) asking information about where he had gone. It had even been on the news once or twice. With some pretty reporter rambling on about 'the mysterious disappearance of Rust Talonmock'.

But I knew they didn't actually care about him, they weren't concerned like I was. To everyone in the school, it was just something to talk about, some new trend. I resented that way of thinking, and now it felt like I was the only person in the school who gave a shit.

It wasn't like him to just disappear, after all.

With a sigh, I took a sip out of my apple juice. Taking a break from the usual strawberry milk that kept me fueled through the day.

Suddenly something wet and small hit the back of my neck. Which was followed by loud laughing and giggling behind me.

Directly over at the bullies table.

I felt my ears twitch in irritation, and I stood up, turning around to address them. One of them had shot a spit-ball. I couldn't see where the pipe was, but I already knew it was them.

Mike looked back at me, arms behind his head relaxed, grinning ominously. He wore his cast to support his recent break, which made me smile profusely. But his eyes still burned with something at the sight of me. I guess he still wasn't happy about our little 'break up'.

Lavender was being predictable as always, her slut-build body twisted around to Mike. Her breasts subtly caressing his beefy arms, just because she knew he enjoyed it. She was clutching onto him like he was her possession, and I posed a threat of stealing him away from her.

Don't sweat about it, Lavender. I thought to myself grimly.

You two are perfect for each other. Both as dumb, desperate and sexually obsessed as one another.

"Hey Fetch." An innocent voice was saying. I looked at the lizard next to Lavender. He didn't seem like he wanted to be there, and I didn't blame him for it.

"Hey Twig," I replied casually, giving him a smile. As far as I know, he was just following orders, he wasn't much of a bad guy himself.

Mike kicked his cast up into the table, rocking the trays of food from the sheer force. I grinned a little, that must have hurt.

"Can you explain this Fetch?" He blurted. For some reason accusing me of what had happened to his arm.

My smile faded away. Why did he think it was me? I was the one who broke his leg, but how did he know? Time was frozen.

I let out a theatrical sigh.

"Mike." I said, with a pitying 'tut-tut-tut'.

"Did you slip while you were beating off again? I thought I told you to aim for the sink."

Some soft drink I couldn't recognise erupted from Twig's snout as he locked into a fit of laughter. He had to cover his face with one hand to block the death stare he was receiving from Lavender.