Chapter 7: Jealous

•~*Text Conversation *~•

📱JUNGKOOK: Hey, I'll be late for dinner. You can eat ahead. Just pop the container in the microwave and leave for a minute under medium heat.

📱YUMI: Okay, don't worry about me I'll eat when I need to. Btw, I bought dessert. I hope you like cheesecake.

📱JUNGKOOK: Cheesecake is my fave! Thanks. I'll probably see you later... if you're still up.

"Ohhh there's that smile again!" Jimin teases as he sees you in the dressing room.

You blush a bit and flash him a smile. Just then Taehyung steps in and sees you flushed.

"Hey, who's making my angel blush?" He asks, giving you a peck on the forehead.

"Beats me, she's been like that since last week." Jimin adds.

"Stop it you guys, it's nothing okay?" You say trying to avoid the topic.

"Hmmm... I think you're crushing on someone... am I right?" He asked after settling on the couch across the room.

"That's it! You have a crush on that piece of snack!" Jimin snapped.

You get off your makeup chair and blew kisses to both of them. "I'll go ahead... stop teasing me or I'll tell on you..." You winked at Jimin before waiving to Taehyung.

On your way home you couldn't brush off what Jimin and Taehyung said. Do you really have a crush on Jungkook? You shake your head and massage your temple.

You get in your unit and walked over to the balcony where a packed food is waiting for you. Seeing the note made you smile.

Yumi,

I hope you like this. Enjoy dinner!

Jungkook

It's only 7PM and you're not that hungry... or maybe you are, you just don't feel like eating? "Aaaaggghhhhh!" You groan loudly knowing too well that you want to eat dinner with him.

After a few minutes you heat the food in the microwave as Jungkook instructed and started to get cozy in the couch. You take a selfie with the food and was about to hit send to Jungkook when you suddenly felt a pit in your tummy.

Is it even appropriate to do this? Damn Jimin and Taehyung, if they hadn't pointed out that thing about having a crush you wouldn't be this self conscious! Whatever! You're just thankful for the food he cooked for you, it's not like you're sending him nudes.

Just as you clicked send, you hear his unit chimed. He's here! You instantly stood up checked yourself on the mirror then hurried to the balcony.

You were about to cross over to his side of the balcony when you heard a girl's voice. You backed off and went back inside. You see Jungkook going out in the balcony, looking over to your side. You hid behind the curtains, afraid he'd see you.

He didn't cross over your side and just stood there with his phone. His phone!!! You crawled towards your couch praying to the heavens that your selfie failed to send.

Luck wasn't on your side as your selfie was sent just now. Shit... He knows you're in your unit eating the packed food. Then as if nothing else can go worse than this, you receive a text from him.

📱JUNGKOOK: Hey you're eating dinner now?

Think... think Yumi... what to do??? Ignore the text and pretend you're busy eating??? You decided to be stubborn and pretended not reading the message.

You walked over to your room and lay down on your bed. In a few minutes you hear voices. You have to get out of there. You can't listen to any of these. Not now. You get your fleece blanket and wrapped yourself curled up in the couch in your living room.

You get your airpods and turned up the music in your playlist. The songs you're listening to are upbeat but somehow tears started trickling down your cheeks.

"This is stupid... I'm so stupid." You whisper in between sobs.

*******
The next day you texted him not to cook for you since you'll be in Jeju for a shoot. You've been avoiding to go out the balcony, scared to let him see you're not totally fine.

As you rolled your luggage towards the elevator, you hear his door chimed and you knew it was him. Please not today... You waited for him to greet you but seconds, minutes passed and no Jungkook came.

The elevator doors open and the moment you leaned on the wall just as the doors were closing, you see a girl in her PJs holding Jungkook's door.

*******
💜 "Thanks for reaching this far..."

🙏🏼 "Please send me some love by VOTING and COMMENTING..."