Chapter 12: Like

Jungkook caries you bridal style and you look into his eyes. He leans over you and rests his forehead on yours. He carefully sets you to sit on one of the beach chairs.

Next thing he does is to cary you piggyback style. He runs playfully while you wrap your arms around him. One arm under and the other over his shoulder intertwining your fingers against his chest.

You giggle like a little girl. He loves hearing it. You look at him and you're just lost in those almond-shaped eyes.

<click... flash... click... flash...>

"You're both doing great!... Swing her more Jungkook... that's it! Taehyung liked the chemistry and Jimin couldn't agree with him more. You two were having a blast.

Taehyung felt like he was in a prenup shoot, seeing you very comfortable in Jungkook's arms. All these years, it wasn't until now that he saw you genuinely happy.

"... and that's finally a WRAP!" Taehyung says and he walked over to you giving praise after praise.

"You two are both naturals! That's the first time I ever finished this fast shooting a couple scene." He says in all honesty as he reached out a hand to Jungkook.

Jungkook still hasn't taken Yumi down and shook Taehyung's hand. "Thanks... I really didn't do much." He said with a chuckle.

"Oh don't be too modest... you were great." You said that patting his chest with both hands. You just let him carry you not really bothered by the entire thing at all.

"I'll put you down by the bench so you won't get sand on your feet." He says as he walks away from the beach.

Honestly he's loving this. If he could carry you the entire time you're in Jeju he would. He set you down and you slip your feet into your fit-flops.

"Want to take a walk by the sunset?" He asked, hoping you'd say yes.

"Of course." You flash him a sweet smile.

Jungkook drapes the robe over your shoulders and you slip your arms before tying the waistband. He leads the way near the shore.

The breeze was just the right blend of warm and cold as the sun started setting. Jungkook faces what remains of the sun rays and his beautiful features are illuminated in orange. You just walked in his slow pace admiring his face.

You're startled when he caught you staring and you flushed a bit. You bow your head in embarrassment. "You look really pretty..." He said almost in a whisper. "I like how you're not aware."

"Please don't say that... I mean makeup can really do lots of wonders." You say trying to make a point.

In truth, you think you're average looking, not even above average. Not that you're insecure about yourself but because you've seen hundreds, thousands of models way prettier than you.

You set a goal to make yourself look and feel better as you age. You're now 26 and not as young as the new hotter models so you work extra harder to keep yourself up there.

At the end of the day, you're aware that this is not a lifetime thing. You're gonna have to find another source of living when agencies begin to book you less often. It's sad but that's the reality and it's best to accept it early on before breaking down.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Jungkook interrupted you from drifting away.

"I'm sorry I was just thinking of work." You replied.

"What about it?" He asked curiously.

"Not that I don't appreciate my current job but it doesn't really give you the sense of security, you know? Like this shoot, I had second thoughts of doing it 'cause I felt like a younger model is more suitable for the role." You say not feeling too confident.

"Hey, don't think that way. I mean, you just rocked today's shoot... Taehyung said so." He assured you.

"I'm sorry for sounding ungrateful." You said in reply.

"It's okay, I feel that sometimes. In my line of work we all know for a fact that this won't last forever yet it's keeping us alive... pays the bills." Jungkook said looking into the sea.

You both spilled your thoughts about serious stuff. Jungkook can't even believe he opened up to you about his "active" life as a bachelor. You're so easy to confide in, you listen without passing judgement. It's like you get him.

You slowly walked back to your shared room together. As if stalling, Jungkook would ask you if you wanted a picture by the lobby or by the hallway. Once you reached your room you see a note on your bed saying that another vacant room is available.

You're face lost its glow and that's when you knew you're beginning to really like him. "Oh boy, this is gonna be complicated.."

*******
💜 "Thank you for reaching this far..."

🙏🏼 "Please send me some LOVE by VOTING and leaving COMMENTS.."

🥴 "I'm not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me but it seems that today (Aug 20, 2021), Thin Walls hit 🥇 on #jkfanfic... that wouldn't be possible without you support... I love you readers from across the seas!!!"

 I love you readers from across the seas!!!"