Chapter 27: Surprise

"Congratulations Top Tier for bagging this year's Championship!" The event host announced as the entire team was being awarded the grand trophy.

The guys were hugging each other with proud smiles on their faces. Jungkook being the team leader was handed the prize check. The moment they got off the stage, he reached out for his phone to call Yumi.

<the number you dialed is out of coverage area, please try again later.>

He scrunches his eyes in frustration. He wanted to give the news to Yumi right away but her phone has been out of reach since they landed in Amsterdam last night. Even her social media account is unseen.

📱JUNGKOOK: Baby, I've been calling you. Please call me right back. I love you!

"Hey, what's up with our server? It seems like my calls aren't getting through." One team member asked.

"I have had the same problem since we got here. I couldn't contact my girlfriend either." Another teammate says.

Then it might be their network that has a problem. Jungkook relaxed a bit hearing from other guys that they shared the same glitch. He relaxed a bit knowing too well that Yumi isn't the type who gets stressed out by not getting a call from him in less than 24 hrs.

As soon as they arrived at their hotel, all of Jungkook's teammates headed to their respective rooms to chill. He enters his suite and was surprised by a congratulatory treat from the hotel.

There was cheesecake, red wine, a huge fruit basket, and a bouquet neatly arranged in the dining area. There was even a card that says dinner will be complimentary for the entire team.

Jungkook still had 5 hours to spare so he decided to unwind before getting ready. As soon as he sees his phone blink, his entire body jolted hoping it's Yumi on the other line.

But to his disappointment, it was one of his teammates making sure he also got the dinner invitation.

*******
The hotel was generous enough to gather them in a VIP dining hall. It was bigger than they expected since there were only 12 of them on the team.

Cocktails were served as they waited for the main dinner to start. Somehow a hotel staff requested them to settle down and focus on the big screen.

A video of Top Tier was played showing how they progressed through the years. They guys all looked very young back then earning a few laughs as they reminisce their humble beginnings.

The video also included their winning moment that day and a part of Jungkook somehow imagined Yumi's voice behind the camera. Nah, must be because he misses him so much. He must've imagined it, that's all.

After the winning moment scene, the video suddenly featured the team's family and friends back home. Giving their messages and congratulatory wishes to the boys. Everyone was in awe as each girlfriend and fiancé of the team members had personal touching messages.

Lastly, Yumi appeared on the video giving her support to her baby bunny. "Babe, hi. I know you were upset I couldn't be there for you and the team but please know in your heart that wherever I am, my love and support will cross beyond borders and seas to reach you. I am so proud of you and I can't wait to be with you my champion gamer. I love you so, so much baby." Yumi ended with a flying kiss that Jungkook playfully caught midair placing the imaginary kiss on his left chest.