Chapter 14: Mutual

"Kook, I insist. Just take the other side." Yumi says scooting over to one corner of the bed giving Jungkook enough space to lie down beside her.

"Okay, okay... thank you." He said in reply.

Yumi was done with her skincare and was already in bed as Jungkook went to the bathroom to get ready for sleep.

📞<Yoongi Calling>

YOONGI: "Hey, how was the shoot?"

YUMI: "It went smoothly. How's your business trip?"

YOONGI: "It's fine... Listen, I'll be back in Seoul tomorrow... I think we need to talk Yumi."

YUMI: "Sure, I'll see you."

For the first time in a while Yoongi called her by her name. It felt weird not hearing him call her babe. Yumi felt something was up not even realizing that for the first time since they've been together, she failed telling him she loves him.

*******
"Are you ready?" Yumi asked Jungkook with a suspicious smile on her angelic face.

"What are you all giddy about?" Jungkook asked not having a hint of what was about to happen.

"You'll see." Yumi says not containing the excitement in her voice.

Jungkook helped carry Yumi's luggage as they both entered the elevator. She went in first and hit the floor button to the rooftop of the hotel. Jungkook eyes her through the mirrored reflection and she immediately gave him a wink.

Up at  the open air they were greeted by a smiling Taehyung gesturing over to the chopper that was waiting for them. "Now we ride in style!..." Taehyung shouted showing off his boxy smile.

Jungkook's eyes went wild at the idea. Looking over at Yumi who was equally excited as they boarded the chopper. They were given a headset each to be able to talk clearly with each other. Jimin was already in front right next to the pilot. Yumi ended up sitting between Taehyung and Jungkook.

The pilot's voice suddenly filled their ears welcoming them to the ride. He explained a few do's and don'ts, reassuring them of the safety.

The beautiful city of Seoul came to view with all the lovely lights twinkling like stars in the galaxy. Jungkook was smiling all this time and was taking pictures from his phone.

Yumi scootched over to his side trying to get a closer view. He froze as her fresh powdery scent filled his senses. It became more difficult when Jungkook felt her body against his while Yumi bends over to her side to take photos.

As she pulled away, he got a closer view of her lovely face passing just a few inches from his. He could pretty much sense his cheeks getting hot, good thing it was dark in the chopper and nobody noticed.

"That was an awesome ride!" Jungkook beamed as they both got off the elevator to their unit.

"I'm glad you liked it." Yumi said smiling widely at him.

"Hey, you want me to whip up something for dinner? It won't take long I promise." Jungkook said as they both got to their respective doors.

Just then Yumi remembered having dinner plans with Yoongi. "I'd love to Kook but I need to be somewhere tonight."

"Oh it's okay, let's just have dinner next time." Jungkook said trying so hard not to show his disappointment.

*******
Yoongi was already seated comfortably in a private dining area when Yumi got there. He stood as she came, gave her a tight hug and a peck on the forehead.

After a few minutes of pep talk and getting to know how each others' work has been, Yoongi finally diverted the conversation to what he came here for.

"Yumi, we've been together for 3 years now and I just want you to know that those were the most beautiful days of my life." He said looking into her eyes with so much care.

"Mine too... I wouldn't be this happy without you." Yumi admitted. She could feel he was starting to tense up as he reached out for her hands and clasped them both between his. That's when Yumi felt something was up.

"You know you're my rock..." Yumi added sincerely.

"And you're mine... This is so hard..." Yoongi says as he squeezes Yumi's hand.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Yumi places her hand over Yoongi's and pats it lightly.

At this point, he looks at her right in the eyes, in all sincerity he tries to tell her. "Yumi..."

"You don't love me... you still do but not the way you used to... right?  Yumi asked.

*******
💜 "Thank you so much for reading my work..."

🙏🏼 "Please leave me COMMENTS and hit VOTE..."