Chapter 31: Gift

"Jin, aren't you finished yet?" Yumi asks impatiently as she waits for him to fit some clothes.

"I'll need a few more minutes... just go look around the women's section." Jin replies.

"Why are you suddenly into shopping clothes? You get a lot of them free anyway." She says knowing too well he gets a lot of perks from his modeling gigs.

"Yumi, it's been a while since I bought my own clothes... Just go and look around. I'll find you when I'm done."

Jin enters the fitting room and sends a text to Jungkook.

"Jin what's taking you so long?" Yumi's voice reverberates through the fitting room door

He peeks through a slim opening of the door. "Yums, why are you so keen on going home?"

"Who says I want to go back? I still need to buy Kookie an anniversary gift and I badly need your help."

"Then why didn't you say so earlier? Jesus! I'll be right out." Jin says in pure relief. He sends Jungkook another message before heading out the fitting room.

Jin was about to send a reply to Jungkook when Yumi suddenly interrupted him

"Are you finally dating someone?" Yumi asks with a teasing smile.

"What?" Jin asked taken by surprise at the sudden question about his love life.

"You've been texting nonstop since this morning. So, when are you planning to tell me?" She asked with a wide grin on her face.

Little did Yumi know that Jin has been waiting for her to be available. He's been wanting to confess his feelings but it seems like the universe is always against it. He stopped trying a long time ago, way before Jungkook came in the picture.

Now he's just genuinely happy for her. It wasn't an easy ride but he finally got to that point when he learned to love Yumi like a sister. Maybe there will always be that special spot in his heart for her but that spot can never be occupied. Not now nor ever.