2: Arina's First Meeting with Asano

Putting on his black T-shirt and a white vest outside as a jacket, Asano carefully observed his outfit in front of the mirror and went downstairs to have breakfast with his dad. The chairman was on his laptop like usual, and of course, they didn't speak a word to each other. His mother was still busy cleaning the kitchen, she will have breakfast afterward.

After breakfast, Asano left the house as his next destination is the library. He wanted to find some useful material for his studies. Ren was having a quick date with one of his selected girlfriends this morning. Teppei stayed at his dad's workplace waiting for the public news, and Seo was having a spelling bee contest with a Cambridge student as a result of his stupidity and arrogance. The one who loses has to give up half their fortune.

Asano stayed at the library until it was half-past nine, and decided to arrive early at the rendezvous. He called the driver and he drove him off to the destination.

From his car window view, he could see that the long row of cherry blossoms was coming into sight. Since it was Sunday, the place was more populated than usual. Kids, tourists, family, and groups of friends were pouring down the street. But a very pale girl stood out entirely among the sea of people despite the height that she often felt insecure about. She was bareheaded, which drew the eyes immediately to her hair.

Asano got down the car to recognize her immediately, even if he was still miles away from her spot. He approached her with his chest puffed out with 'pride' as an energy emitted from him as though he was still walking around in his school being the ultimate president who eyed the world from the top. He was always like that to be honest...every when and where.

The pale girl was waiting under a white cherry blossom tree, her outfit option today was a white dress, which means she was purely white from top to toe. Its silk rippled in the air. The more he came closer, the more he finally noticed, from his point of view, the picture came into focus, her feminine purity and the angelic aura she emitted, harmonizing with white sakura petals falling off the tree which resembled snowflakes in some kind of way, she looked...like an angel, he had never seen anyone so ravishing in his entire life. His heart skipped a beat.

The girl appeared to have been watching him ever since he was meters away from her. Her face brightened up at every step he took, sauntering toward her spot.

Asano didn't realize how little she was in person until he finally stood next to her. "Greetings, you must be Arina Avenira. Seo and Araki have told me a lot about you."

She beamed at him, her lips were small, which even further adorned her big, puppy eyes that can make anyone fall for. It was an adorable kind of beauty indeed. But the best part of her face was her nose, it was small, narrowed, and high-bridged, resulting in a holy side profile. Asano wondered why he had noticed every detail.

Before she could open her mouth to reply, a strong wind blew over them. More petals were falling off aggressively, and the world just suddenly came to a stop...

Avoiding the strands of white-blond hair blowing fluidly in the air that almost got into her eyes. The girl slowly opened them, looked at the white petal that landed on her hand, and giggled.

'How pure' was what was going on in Asano's mind, his gaze failed to tear away from her for just a second.

"Hm?"

Once again, her puppy eyes lifted to meet his, "Oh absolutely! And I suppose you are Asano Gakushuu, the ace of Kunugigaoka school?"

She was soft-spoken but articulate, exceptionally good at Japanese for a foreigner's standard, as Asano absent-mindedly broke into a smile, "That's right."

"I'm so very glad to meet you" -- Asano was startled when she grabbed his hand suddenly and shook it, at an unusual speed -- "You know, Asano-kun, I've been imagining what you might be wearing today for a whole week long! I've only seen you in photos and I could already tell you are into- well, something formal — something that makes you appear dignified; isn't that we can judge a person also from their style?" -- she showed no sign of dropping the never-ending handshake as it made Asano more nervous than ever -- "Oh, Asano-kun, while I was standing here waiting for you guys I've been constantly reciting my imagined conversation with you and AM bringing it up all along now -- oh sweet, look at these lovely white cherry blossom petals!"