Chapter 48

David

I parked in front of the hospital entrances and Arena got out. "You sure your okay with doing the project?" I asked. "Yes I can do it now stop bothering me" she mumbled.

Getting a little upset I gripped the stirring wheel. "Okay fine, see you latter." "Hopefully not to soon" she said coldly and slammed the door shut. When she was out of sight in the build I sighed.

What has gotten into her lately? I was about to leave when I notice her phone on the seat. "You got to be kidding me..." I parked my car in a actual parking spot and went in.

When I got in I Looked around, I don't even know where to look... I saw a girl at a desk and decided to ask her. "Ummm do you know where Arena works?"

"No one works here under the name Arena" the girl said not even looking up. "That's weird she said she was doing some work here...um a girl just came in her like two minutes ago."

"The blonde?" The girl asked still not looking up. "Yeah her." "third floor room 315, you should fine her there." "Thanks..." I said and went to the elevator and pushed the three.

"Why did Arena lie to me?" I said looking at the room numbers as I went by. 313 314 315. Ah here we are, I walked in but almost stopped as soon as I did.

What I saw was Arena reading a kids book too Max who was laying on a medical bed and had a lot of tubes hooked up one him. I remember Arena telling me about his cancer in the wilderness

But I didn't think it was this bad. Max had notice me by now and screamed "Dave's here!" Arena looked at me and she showed a lot of emotion. Sad, Angry, happy, fear, and tried.

"What are you doing here?" She mouthed and I took her phone at my pocket so she could see it. "So Dan why are you here?" Max asked. I looked at him and smiled "to see you of course."

"Really?" "Yeah I wanted to see you little man" I said going over to him and sitting in a chair next to him. We talked for a few hours when Max smiled "So are you Arenas boyfriend or what?" He asked. "Max!" I heard Arena yell and I laughed.

"No I wouldn't date someone that is a pain in the but." "Well I wouldn't date you if you were the last person on Earth!" "Well I wouldn't date you if it was to save my life."

"Arena I'm telling mr. Bear you cheating on him with David" Max said. "I don't have feelings for the bear and I'm not dating this idiot!" She yelled and I smiled, this is like the old times.

I looked at Arena who was giving Max mad looks but I could tell she was happy when I saw her smile every once in awhile I wish I could freeze time so I could keep seeing Arena smile.