Chapter 26

Arena

"This might hurt some okay?" "Okay..." I put his arm in the river. "Oh my god it hurts I can't take it!!!" I heard him yell and I pulled it out of the water and let go of his arm.

"I-I'm sorry!" He stared to laugh "I was just kidding." I hit him really hard on the head "don't scare me like that!" He rubbed his head with his other hand. "Sorry but I couldn't help it."

I sighed "I swear your such a pain in the butt to deal with." "Right back at you sweets." I started to fix his arm again "w-why did you do it?" "Do what?"

"Why did you come to save me today? Why did you even save me when I fell down that hill? It's not like we ever get along and were always fight. So why did you..." I went silent.

"...I haven't done anything that you wouldn't have done for me." I looked at him shocked "David..." "Arena I don't really need a reason to save a friend." "Friend?"

He smiled a little "yeah friend, after all we've been through together. I think friend is an appropriate word to describe are relationship." I smiled "Yeah I guess...I wonder how Kendra's doing."

David smiled "that's a side I like about you." "What side?" "Your concern over others even when your in these type of situation side." "Well I'm alive and I know that, but I don't know what conditions others are in."

"Yeah but there not in a life or death situation like we are." "...My brother is." "You don't know that Arena." I stopped working on David's arm and looked at the ground. "He has cancer..."

"Are you serious?" And by David's voice I knew he was surprised. "Yeah..." "Is it curable?" I shook my head no unable to say it. "I see, I never would have guessed." "Yea he's a big ball of energy." I said with a small laugh.

I started to work on his arm again. "He's a nice little kid, I feel bad for him." I finished with his arm "there it's finished, we should get some wood bear by so we can cook the fish." I said wanting to change the subject.

"Yeah okay but we are getting it together." "Yeah I know, just go easy on your arm I wasn't able too treat it well." "Okay boss" he said and gave me a wink. I smiled, I'm glade I have David here with me.