Chapter 7

Arena

My phone rang five times before he answered. "Hello?" "Hey it's me Arena." "I know, what do you want?" "Why do you assume I want something? Maybe I want to talk to you."

"Yeah right the day that happens I'll go out and give the first person I see 50 bucks" "that's just mean." "I'm hanging up if you have nothing to say." I heard him say and I panicked "no don't!"

I heard him sigh on the other end "okay I'm listening." "Can you come over for dinner?" "I don't like you in that way Arena." "I don't like you in that way either!"

I sighed "my mom wants to meet you." "No, there's no way I'm coming over" I heard him say. "Please?" I begged. "No." "Come on David if you don't come over I won't be able to go on that field trip."

"Not my problem." I stood there shocked. How could he be so cold hearted. Max came into my room "Arena is Dave coming over?" "No he says he won't come over."

"Who are you talking to?" I heard in my ear. "It's my brother." "Sis can I talk to Dab?" I heard Max asked and I looked down at him. I signed "yeah sure why not." I gave him him my phone.

"Hey Danny." I heard Max say and I shook my head. How can someone change someone's name so much? "Can you please come over for dinner, I'll give you another juice box."

There's no way he'll come over for that. "Yeah we still have orange ones left." I saw Max smile "Okay great see you tonight" and he gave me the phone.

"Drake said he will come and have dinner with us." And Max went out of my room. "Did he just call me Drake?" I heard David say and I put the phone back to my ear.

"Yeah...for some reason he can't get your name strait." "Well I guess I'll see you tonight, I'll come over around six. See you." "Wait! Did you really change your mind because of the juice box?"

"Yeah I did, later." And he hung up on me. I closed my phone and looked at my window. "I really don't understand that guy."