Chapter 17

David

I woke up to Arenas face really close to mine. I sat up "what in the world." I looked around and remembered what happened yesterday. I signed "I was hoping it was all a dream."

I felt my pain in my back and I started to rub it. "It still hurts really badly but I don't think it's broken." I look down at Arena who was still sleeping. "I'm just glad that she's okay, I wonder if we will be okay."

I shook my head "no we will be okay, first we need to fine food and water. Maybe fine somewhere else to sleep were it will be warmer." My thoughts were interrupted when Arena woke up.

"Morning already?" she asked. "Yeah sleep well?" She laughed a little "yeah best sleep I've ever had. I smiled at her sarcasm and stood up. "Well we need to fine food and water we can't wait here any longer."

I offered to help her up and she accepted it. "Thanks, so we're are we going?" "To find some water near by." "Okay..." We started to walk deeper into the woods and it went silent.

I glanced back at Arena. Somethings wrong with her she's been quiet since yesterday. I expected her to be yelling at me saying all this is my fault. I'm starting to get worried s little..

"What?" I heard and I snapped out of it. "Huh?" Arena gave me a annoyed look "you've been staring at me." "Have I?" "Yes you have!" I smiled a little "does it bother you?"

"N-no..." "Really? Because I think it does." She looked away from me "don't be stupid..." "Your the stupid one." "I am not!" She yelled and gave me a small shove.

"Well to go into woods that you don't know well was pretty stupid." I was expecting a come back but instead she looked away sadly. I don't understand, what's wrong with her?

"I'm sorry..." She said and I looked at her shocked. I get it now shes been blaming herself this whole time. I stopped walking and stared at her. How should I handle this?